Braintree author’s new novel is published for Kindle
A BUDDING author has had his first novel published.
Siren Song by Simon Smith is a contemporary dark fantasy that “engages readers by asking how would you react?”
Mr Smith’s first story follows the trials and tribulations of Nick Robinson. After a chance meeting with an old school friend, his life enjoys a fantastic transformation.
But a shocking betrayal has catastrophic consequences and his life plunges towards insanity. He escapes to an island paradise recuperate but finds that nothing is what it seems.
The author told the Broadcast that his inspirations come from everywhere, including his own life. “I am fascinated by Victorian times so I read horror books, watch films and listen to music from and about that time to inspire me,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
The novel is available to download from amazon.co.uk for any Kindle reading device.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert