Braintree author’s new novel is published for Kindle
A BUDDING author has had his first novel published.
Siren Song by Simon Smith is a contemporary dark fantasy that “engages readers by asking how would you react?”
Mr Smith’s first story follows the trials and tribulations of Nick Robinson. After a chance meeting with an old school friend, his life enjoys a fantastic transformation.
But a shocking betrayal has catastrophic consequences and his life plunges towards insanity. He escapes to an island paradise recuperate but finds that nothing is what it seems.
The author told the Broadcast that his inspirations come from everywhere, including his own life. “I am fascinated by Victorian times so I read horror books, watch films and listen to music from and about that time to inspire me,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
The novel is available to download from amazon.co.uk for any Kindle reading device.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 4 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 5 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 6 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 7 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 8 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 9 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 10 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement