Braintree author’s new novel is published for Kindle
A BUDDING author has had his first novel published.
Siren Song by Simon Smith is a contemporary dark fantasy that “engages readers by asking how would you react?”
Mr Smith’s first story follows the trials and tribulations of Nick Robinson. After a chance meeting with an old school friend, his life enjoys a fantastic transformation.
But a shocking betrayal has catastrophic consequences and his life plunges towards insanity. He escapes to an island paradise recuperate but finds that nothing is what it seems.
The author told the Broadcast that his inspirations come from everywhere, including his own life. “I am fascinated by Victorian times so I read horror books, watch films and listen to music from and about that time to inspire me,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
The novel is available to download from amazon.co.uk for any Kindle reading device.
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary