Book this fair into the diary
BOOKWORMS beware. You could get more than you bargained for at the next book fair in Great Dunmow because prices will be unbeatable and the variety huge.
Missing Books will be hosting its first event of 2011 at Foakes Hall in the town centre on February 5 between 10am to 4pm.
Around 20 exhibitors are expected to fill the main hall with a wide selection of collectable books, and browsers and buyers are invited to come along for the small fee of just �1.
Pick up that classic or bestseller that someone forgot to get you for Christmas or just have a look for a new and interesting read. Children under 15 accompanied by an adult can have a look around for free.
This is a relatively new fair, the first event was held in August 2006, but it has proved popular in the past so get in early for the best deals.
Refreshments will be available, in an adjoining room, and there is a small car park beside the hall.
Missing Book Fairs has been established since 1994 and in that time have organised over 350 events. The name was derived from the organiser’s name – Chris Missing. He said: “It seemed fitting, as you are quite likely to find some of the books you are ‘missing’ when you come to one.”
- 1 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 2 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 3 Dunmow Town Team announces 2021 Christmas market
- 4 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision
- 5 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 6 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 7 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 8 Dunmow Special and Braintree PCSO among award winners
- 9 There With You This Winter: New scheme for insulation improvements
- 10 Police arrest nearly 100 M11 and M25 environmental protestors
Currently operating at four venues, you will generally find between 16 and 30 dealers exhibiting in a friendly and enjoyable atmosphere.
A book fair is a gathering together in one place of a number of booksellers. Each stall will be run by a different dealer, some of whom may specialize in one field, for example first edition fiction or aviation, others may bring a general selection of subjects.
The customer gets to view a wide range of books without having to go from bookshop to bookshop.
New dealers are welcome or even those who wish to sell their collections. Books have to be attractively presented, priced and of reasonable quality.
For additional information contact 01245 361609 or firstname.lastname@example.org.