Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- Credit: Saffron Photo
A book exchange has opened in Great Dunmow, offering a place to donate, buy and swap pre-loved books, as well as a place to catch up with friends.
Based inside Uttlesford Community Hub on Stortford Road in a former tea room, the Book Hub also has a coffee machine and tub chairs.
At Sunday's opening on World Mental Health Day, organisers from the charity Mind in West Essex offered visitors cake and coffee.
Chief Executive Alison Wilson said they are keen to hear from volunteers who can help to organise the books or promote that it exists.
There are no permanent staff at The Book Hub. It is currently open Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
All donated books are checked for quality and wiped with an anti-bacterial wipe.
Any proceeds will support the charity to run services and provide support to the people of Uttlesford, Harlow and Epping. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Valentine's Flitch Ball to take place this February
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 6 School receives copies of Grandad's Lost His Glasses
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 9 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 10 One arrest after harassment complaints in Halstead