Youth football round up

Youth football round up from the Great Dunmow area


Flitch Youth 1

Meadow Youth Lions 2

FLITCH came off second best in a tight encounter with Meadow Youth Lions after a run of three free-scoring games.

After a good start Flitch starting to look comfortable but a defensive slip let in the Lions who scored from their first clear-cut chance of the match.

The goal clearly lifted the Lions and they started to push on meaning James Mitchell, in the Flitch goal, needed to stay alert to the Lions counter-attack.

Most Read

Being behind at half-time was a relatively rare feeling for the home side so they looked to turn that around early in the second half.

After a few close chances they pinned back for long periods it wasn’t long before they fell further behind to a towering Lions volley.

Flitch rallied strongly. Lewis Coleman nearly pulled a goal back when, having run from deep, he met a Ben Lye corner and had his effort cleared off the line.

With only seconds remaining they did grab a late consolation. A Lye cross was whipped into the box and this time Sam Barnes made no mistake poking the ball into the net.


Redwing 0

Takeley Youth 5

Takeley played Redwing from Billericay in a top of the table clash to decide who would be in the strongest position to push on for championship and promotion places.

Both sides traded blows – Takeley’s Owels coming closest with an effort that struck the bar. The fantastic build up play from the visitors was rewarded when lightening striker Chew broke through into the box and drilled in a superb left footed strike to leave the keeper gasping for fresh air.

The second soon followed and Chew was again the scorer, Stratton’s cross finding the feet of Chew who made no mistake with his right foot.

With half time approaching Butler played Williamson through and his instinctive shot was well saved but Scott-Bell reacted the quickest and coolly rolled the ball into the net. After several sweeping moves the fourth goal eventually came in the second period via the ever willing Chew who scrambled in a low Fisk cross that had been set up by a fine eight passing move. Takeley’s dominance continued as title chasers Redwing’s heads started to drop. Stratton hit the inside of the post and the powerful Sexton Bustled his way through to smash the ball into the net only to be ruled off-side. The fifth and final goal came via speculative drive from the inventive Stratton.


Great Notley Tigers 0

Dunmow United Tigers 3

Despite the early kick-off time United were soon into their stride with the impressive passing game which has been in evidence for most of this season.

Notley held their own in the early stages until the visitors broke the deadlock after Monks pinpoint cross found Ryan Suleyman who volleyed home in tremendous style.

After half time Dunmow continued to dominate and doubled the lead with Monk again providing the killer pass for Suleyman to neatly lob the advancing keeper.

An intriguing midfield battle was clearly being won by the visitors pairing of Windsor and Brown. This combination created the chance that was presented to Connor Capon who for the second match running drilled his precise shot into the far corner to make it three and effectively seal the points.