Youth football reports

Youth football round-up. Send in yours. E-mail


Great Bardfield 0

Plantation Panthers 7

THE Panthers kept their first clean sheet of the season with a comfortable win over Great Bardfield. Man of the match Rory Nicholas shined with two goals and some great runs through midfield.

Harris Bremner Lambourn took the scoring honours with a hat-trick, with the other goals coming from Harry Ball and Harry Cooke.


Most Read

Dunmow Utd Tigers 5

Hannakins Farm Eagles 2

A SUPERB all round team performance saw United brush aside the previously unbeaten league leaders on Sunday.

The hosts started brightly with some impressive passing to keep the ball away from their opponents.

This possession paid off when a Monk corner was only parried by the visitors’ keeper for the ball to fall at the feet of the impressive Seb Lawrence who fired the ball through a crowded box into the net.

Before the break the home side doubled their lead after Harley beat the advancing keeper to the ball to square a lovely pass for Kennie Irving to flick into an empty net.

The second period began more evenly with both sides playing attractive football when surging forward.

The hosts third came from the move of the match. Capons good work down the right fed Monk the ball whose neat flick found Lawrence who then whipped in a pinpoint cross for super sub Ryan Suleyman to nod home.

Dunmow were now rampant with Brown now switched to the right side of defence, his storming run led to Suleyman’s second.

Windsors powerful midfield display saw him have several chances of getting on the scoresheet but he turned provider for the fifth when Suleyman rounded off a superb hat-trick.

A faultless display by Dunmow was only marred by the last five minutes when twice in quick succession Hannakins found themselves behind the defensive rock that is Jay Lacey to score two consolation goals.

Too little too late as Dunmow took maximum points in a great start to 2011.

Stanford Wanderers 1

Dunmow Rhodes 6

RHODES progressed to the next round of the cup with a victory at First Division Stanford.

The visitors started strongly with Evans and Murphy going close before Stanford applied some pressure which the visitors defended comfortably.

After 18 minutes Rhodes took the lead when French and Turner combined down the left to present Frost with a chance.

The Rhodes striker was upended in the box and Dicker converted the spot kick in an assured manner.

Six minutes later Leaning superbly intercepted a clearance before squaring for Murphy to coolly slot home a second.

Although the home side responded, Dicker and Soutar were commanding in central defence and the hosts were restricted to long range efforts, however on the stroke of half time a long range shot took a deflection to pull one back for Wanderers.

With Carter and Evans showing great skills Rhodes took command in the second half and skipper Leaning led the way.

Firstly he latched onto a superb Barry header to cleverly lob the keeper for the third and then struck a great volley for the fourth. Johnson dealt with a brief rally from the home side with his usual confident handling. Rhodes soon got back into the swing of things and the in form Evans drilled in from the edge of the box for a well deserved goal.

The final goal summed up the performance when Carter weaved forward before releasing Murphy whose fantastic pass was expertly finished by the tireless Frost.

Rhodes have now taken their goal tally to 16 in the last three matches.

Thaxted Rangers 5

Writtle Minors 0

CONSIDERING Writtle are two leagues lower, Thaxted made hard work of this cup match. After several good saves from the Writtle keeper, Ewan Slade managed to score the first goal when the ball somehow slipped between the keeper and the post. Jack Morris then scored early in the second and Thaxted increased their lead after Tim Jossaume’s initial shot at goal was parried – he managed to score in the ensuing goal mouth scramble.

Slade scored Thaxted’s fourth from the edge of the area and the final goal, and pick of the bunch, was a lovely taken left footed shot from Austen Domin. Thaxted defenders Marcus Jones and Aiden Caley worked well to leave keeper Evan Sunshine with little to do. The result sees Thaxted through to the quarter finals.