Youth Football: Lawrence’s super strike
Bottisham U-14 0 Saffron Walden Town 1 LAWRENCE Williams 11th-minute strike gave the Bloods the Cambs League points, on Sunday. This was a key match for Walden to win, with two games in hand of old rivals Bottisham and just one point behind them. Buil
Bottisham U-14 0
Saffron Walden Town 1
LAWRENCE Williams' 11th-minute strike gave the Bloods the Cambs League points, on Sunday.
This was a key match for Walden to win, with two games in hand of old rivals Bottisham and just one point behind them.
You may also want to watch:
Building on their previous week's efforts, Bloods took the field in a very positive frame of mind, taking the play to the home side, who did not manage more than three of four forays out of their own half.
Jimmy Hall and Jon Walker put together some great plays to keep the home side pinned down, backed up by some solid work in defence, particularly from Nicki Baker and Charlie O'Dowd.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
The wind picked up in the second half which, combined with Walden losing their way a little in their marking, gave Bottisham some hope.
Despite a few rocky moments, Walden hung on to take the three points and move ahead of Bottisham in the table.