Youth football: Dunmow Rhodes Lions win first silverware of the season
- Credit: Archant
Miles Thorpe scored the only goal of the game as Dunmow Rhodes won their first silverware of the season.
The first half saw both teams working hard to control the game on a difficult pitch at Witham Town Football Club, and in poor weather conditions.
Rhodes created some half chances but it was the more physical Uplands team that started to dominate. Lewis Farmer, Joe Sutton, Ryan Clancy and James Claydon were all magnificent in defence but it was Joe Beavis in goal who produced three fantastic saves to keep the scores level at half time.
Rhodes took charge of the second half.
Scott Williamson, Louis Leaning, Sam Purcell and Ben Roberts started to win more of the possession in midfield. Their distribution of the ball was excellent releasing Dylan Bennett and Josh Valks down either wing who crossing caused trouble for the Uplands defence.
You may also want to watch:
The winning goal came within the final eight minutes. Bowen hit defence-splitting pass to Thorpe whose pace took him away from the Uplands defence and fired into the bottom corner.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Felsted announces STEM competition winners
- 8 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge