World champion pays Dunmow TaeKwon-Do a visit prior to restrictions
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow TaeKwon-Do had a very special visitor prior to the latest government restrictions – a current world champion.
Christine Abbott, who trains with Bishop’s Stortford TKD, holds the Featherweight Sparring title and brought the belt along to one of the Dunmow club’s last classes.
She put on a demonstration of her arsenal of kicks before putting the students through a number of training drills.
“It was an energetic class that will greatly benefit our students once things return to normal and competitive competitions resume,” said Matt Howard.
“These are difficult times but martial arts clubs like ours were still allowed to practice even though Essex was on a tier two level.
“So long as we adhered to social distancing and wore masks before and after, we were able to keep doing what we love.”
The club run four classes a week between Great Dunmow Primary School and Takeley Sports & Social Club.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 3 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 4 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 5 Recap: A120 reopens near Stansted Airport after 'police incident'
- 6 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 7 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 8 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 9 10,000 signatures reached against Essex mega-prison proposal
- 10 Things to do in Essex this June
Go to www.dunmowtkd.co.uk for more information.