World champion pays Dunmow TaeKwon-Do a visit prior to restrictions
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow TaeKwon-Do had a very special visitor prior to the latest government restrictions – a current world champion.
Christine Abbott, who trains with Bishop’s Stortford TKD, holds the Featherweight Sparring title and brought the belt along to one of the Dunmow club’s last classes.
She put on a demonstration of her arsenal of kicks before putting the students through a number of training drills.
“It was an energetic class that will greatly benefit our students once things return to normal and competitive competitions resume,” said Matt Howard.
“These are difficult times but martial arts clubs like ours were still allowed to practice even though Essex was on a tier two level.
You may also want to watch:
“So long as we adhered to social distancing and wore masks before and after, we were able to keep doing what we love.”
The club run four classes a week between Great Dunmow Primary School and Takeley Sports & Social Club.
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 6 New cycle network consultation announced
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
Go to www.dunmowtkd.co.uk for more information.