Windsor crowns good show

Dunmow Utd Tigers U-9 2 Thaxted Rangers 0 Dunmow United Tigers produced a fantastic team performance to overcome a battling Thaxted Rangers side at the weekend. The first half didn t produce any goals, but was far from lacking in good quality footb

Dunmow Utd Tigers U-9 2 Thaxted Rangers 0

Dunmow United Tigers produced a fantastic team performance to overcome a battling Thaxted Rangers side at the weekend.

The first half didn't produce any goals, but was far from lacking in good quality football from both teams. United were denied the lead when the visitors' keeper superbly tipped over Connor Capon's shot.

After the break United continued with some slick passing football and eventually took the lead through George Windsor. Thaxted had their share of possession, but could not penetrate the Dunmow back line.

Dunmow doubled their advantage when great work from Elliot Cockerell ended with him finding Windsor who fired in his second goal.

Thaxted had a couple of late efforts saved by the excellent Crowley in the United goal, which ensured the points went to the home side.

Most Read

Thaxted Rangers Yellows U-9 1 Great Notley Hammers 1

Thaxted were held to a draw at home to Great Notley after a thrilling game of football.

The away side came close to scoring first but were denied by excellent keeping from Michael Francis.

Then, midway through the first half, Rangers earned themselves a free-kick on the edge of the Great Notley box and William Lawrence converted beautifully.

The second half started brightly but it was the away side that took advantage to equalise soon after the break with a well-taken header.

Thaxted Rangers U-11 6 Silver End 1

Thaxted progressed into the quarter final of the Knock Out Cup with a comprehensive victory over Silver End.

Thaxted took the lead in the first minute when George Simmons scored the first of his four goals.

Rangers added two more goals before half time. Tom Burke made it 2-0 and then from wide on the right, a cross from Callum Forsyth, dissected the defence and George Simmons finished off a fabulous move.

Silver End struck back almost immediately in the second half, but the home side soon got back on top and fired in three more goals, with one for William Aitken and two more for George.

Maldon Town Tigers U-12 0 Thaxted Rangers 4

A good all-round team performance resulted in a comfortable victory for Thaxted on Saturday.

Thaxted led at the break thanks to a Shaun Mustafa strike.

In the second half Thaxted extended their lead with goals from Freddie Haines, Jack Flood and Ben Jolliffe who had also hit the post earlier on.

Gallow United U-9 1 Dunmow Rhodes Lions 4

Dunmow Rhodes Lions took the points against a battling Gallow United at the weekend.

Rhodes started strongly and took the lead after five minutes when Gallop turned her marker and drove in a low shot.

In the 10th minute Brown made it two with a clinical strike from the edge of the area. Carey came on up front enabling Gallop to drop into centre-midfield and with virtually his first kick of the game he fired the ball past Gallow's diving keeper.

In the second half Dunmow didn't have it all their own way as Gallow competed well and at times they were the quicker to the ball.

Dunmow made it four however after 43 minutes with Thompson coming on and driving the ball home following a rebound off the post.

To Gallow's credit they kept plugging away and scored a consolation goal just before the whistle, a well-struck shot, which Johnson could only get his fingertips to and couldn't prevent crossing the line.

Saffron Walden U-11 2 Newmarket Town A 2

(Newmarket win 3-1 on pen)

Saffron Walden entertained a large crowd this week at home with a nail-biting League Cup match against Newmarket.

Spectators from both clubs were treated to a thrilling game with the visitors eventually coming out on top in a penalty shoot out.

Walden fired in two goals in the first half, both through Daniel Murphy-Moore, but Newmarket hit back and the teams went in level at the break.

The hosts put the visitors under pressure in the second half, but they couldn't find a further breakthrough and the tie went into extra time.

Extra time flew by and both teams, although a little weary, continued to entertain the on-lookers despite there being no further goals.

Charlie Pitt netted his penalty for Walden, but Newmarket remained cool under the pressure to take the tie, winning 3-1 on penalties.

Potton Colts U-16 0 Saffron Walden Town 6

Walden put in a great performance to secure an emphatic win over their fellow mid-table opposition from Bedfordshire.

The tone of the match was set by Sean Stock, with two goals in two minutes after 15 minutes of play for which the home side seemed to have no answer.

Walden dominated the rest of the half with Jon Walker slotting in the third just before half-time.

Luke Bunting scored in the first minute of the second half, effectively putting the game out of Potton's reach and from then on it was almost all in the control of the Walden boys.

Charlie O'Dowd joined in with a short range strike 20 minutes later, closely followed by another from Stock, giving him a well deserved hat-trick.

Bottisham U-13 1 Walden Spirit 4

Walden Spirit got back into action with a great win at Bottisham on Sunday, despite having several players missing.

Spirit started well and came close to taking the lead several times before they broke the deadlock after 21 minutes through an impressive run and shot from Issy Davison.

On 27 minutes a move on the left saw Louise Savill strike a lovely pass for Davison to run on to and to extend the lead.

With time running out in the first half, a Bottisham forward ran in to the Spirit area and the keeper, Emma Bevan, dived at her feet, tripping the player to give away a penalty. Bottisham scored to reduce the deficit at the break.

The visitors extended the lead two minutes into the second half with Davison completing her hat-trick.

Another fantastic run from Davison saw her score the best goal of the game, with a shot that flew high above the keeper and into the back of the net to round off the victory.

Dunmow Rhodes Tigers U-7 6 Sporting 77 Eagles 2

Dunmow Rhodes soared to a convincing victory over Sporting Eagles at the weekend.

Dunmow got off to a blistering start and were a goal up after 30 seconds when Johnson's square pass for Bowen was dispatched in clinical fashion.

On seven minutes quick thinking by Barry at a throw-in found Brown unmarked to drive home the second. The home side's quick passing in midfield was too much for the visitors and after 10 minutes Bowen was sent clear on the half-way line and his left-foot strike powered in the top right hand corner.

Just before half-time Kitchen's pin-point corner found Bowen close in to net his hat-trick.

Midway through the second half a Johnson run and cross was met by the lively Bowen to drive home for his fourth.

The visitors' perseverance paid off and they were rewarded with a couple of well taken goals.

In the last five minutes, Johnson was brought down on the edge of the box. He picked himself up and powered the free-kick into the top right hand corner for number six, to round off the victory.

Dunmow Rhodes Tigers U-8 0 Focus Ferrers Lions 1

Dunmow Rhodes Tigers lost their unbeaten record in their eagerly anticipated top of the table clash with Focus Ferrers.

Rhodes enjoyed the greater first half possession, but were unable to turn the advantage into a clear effort on goal.

In the second half with both sides evenly matched, it was clearly going to take something special to unlock either defence, and the match was cruelly decided on a late penalty awarded for deliberate handball.

With only a minute remaining, the Lions centre forward slotted home the penalty past a diving Murphy.

A spirited Tigers searched for a late equaliser, and only an excellent save from the visiting goalkeeper denied what would have been a justified reward.

Tiptree Minors Dodgers U-9 0 Dunmow Rhodes Tigers 1

Rhodes had to battle hard to beat Tiptree Minors in this early morning game.

The first half saw Rhodes under constant pressure, however Panton was able to break quickly and find Evans who calmly struck the ball home for the only goal in the game.

The second half saw the Rhodes defence of Williamson, Soutar and Alexander working hard to keep Tiptree from equalising and ensuring Rhodes came away with the points.

Fennlands United U-10 0 Dunmow Rhodes Tigers 1

Rhodes Tigers consolidated their lead in the Blackwater League in a hard-fought encounter against an organised Fennlands outfit.

Fennlands applied consistent pressure on the leaders from early on, with keeper Butler pulling off two solid saves.

In the second half, Dunmow's superior pace and passing ability started to tell, and an outstanding period of midfield play saw Orpen spread the ball wide to Baxter, who provided a superb cross to Crook in the centre. The striker needed no second invitation, and slammed the volley home to put the Rhodes in front after 41minutes.

Fennlands attempted a response, but the momentum was now firmly with the visitors, and it was Dunmow who took the victory.

Dunmow Rhodes U-12 5 Silver End 0

A super performance saw Dunmow Rhodes dominate Silver End to progress to the next round of the Knock Out Cup.

Clinical finishing from the strike partnership of Callum Parradine and Dan Clelland saw Parradine pick up a hat-trick and Clelland a brace of goals.

In the midfield, Andrew Dunne was in complete control and was unlucky not to score, whilst Will Davies and Dan Trendall kept things tight at the back.

Dunmow Rhodes Tigers U-14 2 White Notley 1

Rhodes had their toughest league match so far this season, but ran out winners by the narrowest of margins to maintain their position at the top of the league.

White Notley competed for every challenge in the opening 15 minutes and went ahead after a neat header from a near post corner.

Rhodes were soon level after, with a clinical finish from Sam Mason-Claridge.

Just before the break captain Oli Starling won the ball in midfield, passed it onto Joe Turner who played in Mason-Claridge to finish in style.

Rhodes continued to press in the second half but some fine saves from the White Notley keeper together with a header that went close from Michael Walsh saw the second half remain goalless and Dunmow take the victory.

Maldon Saints Tigers U-9 3 Flitch Youth 3

For the second week running, Flitch had to fight back to gain a deserved point, this time against a battling Saints side that deservedly raced to a 2-0 half-time lead.

Flitch quickly got back into the game in the second half however, with a quick Frost throw being calmly crossed by Demmon into Bull's path for a tap in.

Frost's persistence in the box enabled him to scramble a goal single handed to make it 2-2.

Saints seemed to have sealed the points with another breakaway goal five minutes from time, but a late counter attack by Flitch was ended by Bull calmly slotting home the equaliser

Flitch Youth U-11 2 Maldon Saints Lions 5

Flitch put in a battling performance but were beaten by a well organised Maldon side at the weekend.

Both Flitch full-backs, Callum Archer and Mattie Bull, were forced to make a lot of crucial tackles, but were undone by a hopeful long ball which sailed over the unlucky Cam Elder into the net.

This lead was soon doubled, but Flitch hit back strongly through a great run and shot by Connor Gray, which the keeper could only parry to Elliot Kent, who finished well from close in.

The second half saw Maldon strike first, before a sweetly struck Dan Jacques penalty again brought Flitch back into the game.

Despite a valiant effort by the hosts, two goals in the last two minutes sealed the points for Maldon.

Spartak 78 U-11 4 Bottisham 1

Spartak were on good form earning a comfortable victory over Bottisham at the weekend.

Both sides probed each other's defences, but Spartak took the lead after 20 minutes through Luca Riccio's spot-kick after a handball in the area.

This gave Spartak added confidence and some good team work with swift passing by Coby Game allowed Jesper Walker to double their advantage.

Walker turned provider for the third, passing to Ben Weedon who found the net before half-time.

Early in the second half a Spartak corner was cleared by Bottisham, but Joshua Flack fired in a splendid long shot into the top corner of the net.

Spartak let their guard slip late on and allowed Bottisham to claim one goal back.

Histon Hornets U-12A 5 Spartak Blacks 2

A battling second half performance from Spartak was not enough to stop them slipping to a defeat at Histon.

The home side went three goals ahead by the end of the first half and it was no more than they deserved having enjoyed most of the possession.

Spartak improved considerably in the second half and this extra effort resulted in Jack Holliday scoring a fine solo goal on 35 minutes, and with their tails up, Spartak pressed forward and added a second on 45 minutes when Luke Diana scored from a goalmouth scramble.

However, the Hornets restored a two-goal lead on 25 minutes after a breakaway.

The final nail in the coffin came on 27 minutes when Histon scored their fifth, extinguishing any hopes of a revival for the Blacks.

Histon Hornets U-13 2 Spartak 78 6

Spartak progressed to the next round of the League Cup with a convincing victory over a Histon side who had beaten them 9-0 in the league.

Spartak had the best of the first half and finally broke the deadlock after 32 minutes when Ben fired in the first goal.

The visitors soon doubled their lead when Matt slipped the ball past the keeper.

Spartak added to their tally at the start of the second half through Ben. Histon pulled a goal back 10 minutes later, but Matt and Ben found the net to restore their advantage.

Straight back at them; a corner from Oli McRandal found Harry O'Malley on the edge of the penalty area who shot over the keeper.

Histon pulled a further goal back, but Spartak held firm to book their place in the next round.

Spartak U-14 6 Bottisham 2

Spartak chalked up a decisive victory over Bottisham with both Will Rolls and Calum Shaw bagging a brace.

The first half saw Spartak take a 4-0 lead as Rolls and Sam Mitchell hit the target, whilst Calum Shaw thumped home a 30 yard pile driver.

In the second half Bottisham fought back, but a Shaw free-kick ended any hopes of a turnaround.

Newcomer Terry Heath added the final goal to give Spartak their best win of the season.

Risden Wood U-7 B 0 Elsenham U-8 16

Elsenham went goal crazy against Risden Wood on Sunday, slamming in 16 goals without reply.

Rhys Daltrey struck five, Owen Palmer scored four and Alex Best grabbed a hat-trick as the goals just kept on coming.

Joshua Fernandes-Hayden also got a couple, while Jack Hart and Louis Roberts both notched their first goals for their team as the visitors ran out comprehensive victors.

Stansted U-11 4 Elsenham 2

Stansted came out on top in the battle of the division's top two teams after a ding-dong local derby at Mountfitchet School.

The hosts started strongly and were unfortunate to see a cracking shot strike the bar after only 10 minutes. Stansted continued to press, but Elsenham kept them at bay until five minutes from the end of the first half when a well worked corner led to the opening goal.

Minutes later a lob from outside the box flew high over keeper George Belton and into the net to double the home side's lead.

Elsenham came out for the second half determined to put things right and within five minutes pulled one back through Bradley Baker to put the game back in the balance.

The visitors continued to press in search of an equaliser, but Stansted hit them on the break to restore their two goal lead.

Still Elsenham poured forward and a goal from Brandon Bowden had the 100-strong crowd biting their fingernails.

Stansted were hanging on and Elsenham almost levelled when a shot struck the post and another effort just missed the top corner. However, the hosts held firm and made the game safe with a fourth goal late on.

Billericay Town Colts B U-14 0 Elsenham 3

Elsenham advanced to round three of the County Cup with a deserved success against Chelmsford League side Billericay.

With the teams unknown to each other, the opening stages were quite cagey, however, the visitors gradually began to make more of an impression on the Billericay goal and Dean Clayden scored a stunning opening goal, striking the ball over his shoulder and into the far top corner of the net.

Despite having the slope against them in the second half, the away side continued to look the more likely to score.

Eventually, the pressure told when Mace laid the ball back for midfield partner Luke Fisher to strike a superb 25-yard shot that gave the home keeper no chance.

With the clock ticking down, a ball from the Elsenham right found its way across to Edward Beanland at the far post who looped the ball into the far corner to seal the win.

FC Comets U12 4 Elsenham 5

Elsenham survived a spirited fightback from Comets to stretch their winning run to four and stay top of division four.

The away side had a dream start after just two minutes when a clever through ball found top scorer Kyle Kersey who made no mistake.

Billy Abery doubled Elsenham's advantage 15 minutes later and Charles Cooke then scored his first goal of the season to put the visitors in complete control at the break.

The second half was a different story as Comets opened much the stronger side, and they soon reduced their arrears. However, Elsenham restored their three goal lead when George Roberts coolly slotted the ball past the keeper.

Comets, to their credit, kept going and within a couple of minutes had scored a second goal, but the visitors again hit back, this time through Kersey.

Comets weren't finished though, and two quick goals set up a nerve-racking end to the game, however, Elsenham held strong and were relieved to hear the final whistle.

Weston Youth U-17 3 Elsenham 1

Elsenham took an early lead, but were unable to hold on to their advantage at Weston Recreation Ground on Sunday.

The visitors struck first when Jack Dixon's good work down the left gave Lee Bowie an easy chance which he took with a cool finish.

Although there were chances at both ends, Weston scored three times to take the points.

Springfield A U-10 3 Barnston 0

Football can be a cruel game as Barnston found out on Sunday.

The Blues started brightly, playing some of their best attacking football of the season so far.

Will Darling, Joe Dalzell and Dan Muir all came close to giving Barnston a deserved lead, but then Springfield broke for the first time and to the dismay of the watching away support the resulting cross sliced off a defender's boot and flew into the net.

The second half started in the same style with all the pressure from Barnston. Several chances went begging and Adam Griggs twice troubled the home keeper with long shots.

However, twice in the last quarter of the game with Barnston pushing for a goal, Springfield broke away and scored.

Singh Sabha Barking U-11 2 Barnston Youth 6

Barnston moved up to fourth spot in the league following their victory at Singh Sabha.

Barnston put heavy pressure on their opponents from the start and within five minutes Elliot Totten had beaten the keeper to put the visitors into the lead.

Barnston then scored twice within the next 10 minutes to go 3-0 up, but with minutes to go of the first half, some poor defending allowed Barking to find the back of the net.

The second half was very much the same with Barnston applying the pressure, a goal from Totten, an excellent penalty from Matty Reid, and the goal of the game from Sam Brown put Barnston 6-1 up.

Barking pulled a goal back late on, but it was the visitors who took the points.

Barnston Youth U-17 0 Brentwood Athletic B 3

Brentwood Athletic avenged last season's defeat in the League Cup when they knocked out Barnston in this season's first round.

The first half was dominated by strong defensive performances by both teams, however, a brief lack of concentration allowed Brentwood to score from close range and take the lead through to half-time.

The second half continued in a similar manner until Brentwood were able to extend their lead from the penalty spot.

As Barnston committed increasing numbers of players forward, Brentwood were able to finish the game off with a third and final goal.

Sawston United Youth U-12 4 Haddenham Rovers 1

Max Annetts, Ben Lockhart, Ryan Bass and Jack Wainwright all scored in Sawston United's 4-1 victory over Haddenham Rovers in the U12 B League.