Williams F1 testing chance in Barcelona for Lynn
- Credit: Archant
The Williams Martini Racing Formula One team have given Dunmow GP2 star Alex Lynn the chance to test their car next week.
The 22-year-old, who aims to one day race in F1, will test for the Williams team in Barcelona.
He will drive on the first day of the two-day in-season test on Tuesday, getting behind the wheel of the team’s FW38 challenger built for the 2016 Formula One season.
The following day experienced Brazilian F1 racer Felipe Massa will take over.
It will be the second time that Lynn has taken part in an official Formula One test since joining Williams as development driver at the start of 2015, having made his on-track debut with the team in the same test 12 months ago.
You may also want to watch:
The test will follow the opening round of the GP2 Series season at the Spanish circuit this weekend.
Lynn will be hoping to make a strong start to his second year in the championship with the DAMS team; he finished sixth in the standings last year with wins in Barcelona and at the Hungaroring.
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 7 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 10 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
“A huge thank you to Williams Martini Racing for giving me this opportunity,” said Lynn.
“With the testing restrictions, it’s an important chance for me to show what I can do, but it is also important running for the team and I hope to help them to develop the FW38.
“My focus this week, as for the last few weeks, is on having a good first weekend of the GP2 season, but an opportunity like this is a great reminder of the ultimate goal.”