Wet Windmill Trail on Sunday for keen runners
- Credit: Archant
Conditions were wet for Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners’ (GFDR) Windmill Trail on Sunday morning.
The 7.5 mile route from The Axe and Compasses, Aythorpe Roding, took 50 runners, representing 12 clubs, along lanes, tracks and muddy paths across fields.
The race was won by Phil Davies of Mid-Essex Casuals in 53 minutes 20 seconds.
Gerard Geurts, finishing third in 60mina, was fastest for GFDR, followed by Martin Jackson (1hr 2mins), Matt Webster (1h 3mins) and Ian Lawson (1h 5mins).
Colin Jackson in 1h 8mins beat James Hawkes by 20 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Simon and Charlotte King (1h 10mins) were followed by Jason Wintin (1h 11mins), Pru Hayhow (1h 21mins), Dan Reynolds (1h 27mins), Claudine Davie (1h 29mins), Paul McKenna (1h 33mins) and Lee Prowse (1h 39mins).
Diane Hill, Rosalind McKenna and Debbie Stares ran together and finished in 1h 42mins.
- 1 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 2 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 3 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 Stations benefit from funding
- 7 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 8 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 9 Archaeologists find remains of Iron Age village
- 10 Minibuses are transporting residents to Covid jab appointments