Watch international polocrosse at Ashfields
Ashfields Polocrosse Club in Great Canfield will host an International Polocrosse Test Match Series between the United Kingdom and South Africa on July 18-19. Polocrosse is an extreme sport best described as lacrosse on horseback and it s an exciting gam
Ashfields Polocrosse Club in Great Canfield will host an International Polocrosse Test Match Series between the United Kingdom and South Africa on July 18-19.
Polocrosse is an extreme sport best described as lacrosse on horseback and it's an exciting game to watch.
People are invited to go along and enjoy the cream of International polocrosse as teams draw on tactics, skill and all their horsemanship abilities to help them win the series.
South Africa will be fielding one of their strongest teams to try and beat the best of Britain. The two teams recently clashed in Australia during the Quadrangular Tour where South Africa beat the UK by just
So, the UK team are determined to beat them in order to climb back above them in the world rankings; it promises to be an adrenaline-fuelled event.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 5 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 6 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 7 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 8 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
The test matches will take place on both days from 2pm, there will be stalls, games, demonstrations, carriage driving, domestic polocrosse matches and entertainment to enjoy before each big game, so be sure to arrive early, gates open at 10am.
Entry to this family day out is just �15 per car and you can join Ashfields and the International players for the Saturday Night Players Party, tickets are only �20.
There is also a VIP area with tickets priced at just �70.
Ashfields Polocrosse Club has chosen the Breast Cancer campaign as their official charity for the event. They will be collecting and holding various activities across the two days, including a charity auction, to raise funds in aid of the Breast Cancer Campaign.
For further information and to purchase tickets visit www.ashfieldspolocrosse.com
l Polocrosse consists of two teams of three players who compete for the possession of a ball in order to score goals. The ball is picked up off the ground and carried by the players in racquets consisting of a handle with a net on the end.
Players tackle each other by using their racquet to knock the ball out of their opponents' racquets. Goals are scored by shooting the ball between two goal posts, with one set positioned at each end of the pitch.