Warren’s strike stops Stortford
A goal from Flora Warren was enough for Newport Free Grammar School to beat Bishop s Stortford College in the Bishop s Stortford & District Under 14 Hockey final. Newport had exerted some early pressure and the goal came from a penalty corner. However,
A goal from Flora Warren was enough for Newport Free Grammar School to beat Bishop's Stortford College in the Bishop's Stortford & District Under 14 Hockey final.
Newport had exerted some early pressure and the goal came from a penalty corner.
However, Stortford College pressed forward and were awarded a number of penalty corners, but Newport defended well to maintain their record of having not conceded a goal throughout the afternoon.
Earlier Newport had dominated their pool with wins over Hockerill (1-0), Saffron Walden County High School (3-0), St Mary's (5-0) and Birchwood (4-0).
You may also want to watch:
Molly Wyatt with five goals and Hebe White with four dominated the scoring, but the whole team played some excellent hockey with further goals coming from Natalie Chandler with two, and one apiece for Georgiana Coote and Olivia Potter.
In the semi final they played Herts and Essex who were the runners up in the other pool and exerted considerable pressure, but despite scoring through Georgiana Coote it was only just before the final whistle that they made the game safe with a further goal from Hebe White.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 8 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 9 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash