Walden under 15s beat rain, but not Harlow
THE wet weather last week meant most of the youth cricket matches were postponed. One game which did get under the rain radar was the clash between Saffron Walden Under 15s and Harlow, in the West Essex League. Walden batted first at the Anglo-American
THE wet weather last week meant most of the youth cricket matches were postponed.
One game which did get under the rain radar was the clash between Saffron Walden Under 15s and Harlow, in the West Essex League.
Walden batted first at the Anglo-American Playing Fields on Sunday and opener Joe Heath made a good start by bagging 33 runs before being caught by Calvino off Hayter.
Only Matt Bull, at number six, made a significant contribution with 19, but with little support the innings ended on 108 runs from the allotted 24 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Harlow's reply began slowly, but Calvino looked a class act and, by the 12th over, was scoring freely.
Jonny Hancock was the pick of the Walden bowlers with four tight overs, along with George Hansen who took the only two wickets to fall. Harlow won in the 18th over with six wickets left.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing