Walden Tri make a splash at Gosfield
Walden Tri entered six athletes, five of whom were Olympic distance virgins, at last Sunday s inaugural Gosfield triathlon. The open water swim was a circuitous loop of 1.5k across and back down the lake with the bike transition set up on the grassy bank.
Walden Tri entered six athletes, five of whom were Olympic distance virgins, at last Sunday's inaugural Gosfield triathlon.
The open water swim was a circuitous loop of 1.5k across and back down the lake with the bike transition set up on the grassy bank.
Jack Peasgood was in the leading group of three out of the water and held his own against more experienced athletes going into the 10k run, despite having had a heavy fall on the 40k bike section.
Walden Tri's athletes all performed well, especially Nicki Davis who was competing in her first triathlon finishing third in her age group in 2hr 47min.
You may also want to watch:
Also amongst the trophies was Tracey Ketteridge (2hr 43min), coming second and Jack Peasgood with an impressive third place in 2hr 20min.
David Peasgood just missed out on a podium position (2hr 32min) and George Paparestis (2hr 59min), also turned in an excellent result
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 New cycle network consultation announced
- 6 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
Darren Thomas suffered a puncture as he did in Norwich and couldn't finish.