Walden Tri make a splash at Gosfield
Walden Tri entered six athletes, five of whom were Olympic distance virgins, at last Sunday s inaugural Gosfield triathlon. The open water swim was a circuitous loop of 1.5k across and back down the lake with the bike transition set up on the grassy bank.
Walden Tri entered six athletes, five of whom were Olympic distance virgins, at last Sunday's inaugural Gosfield triathlon.
The open water swim was a circuitous loop of 1.5k across and back down the lake with the bike transition set up on the grassy bank.
Jack Peasgood was in the leading group of three out of the water and held his own against more experienced athletes going into the 10k run, despite having had a heavy fall on the 40k bike section.
Walden Tri's athletes all performed well, especially Nicki Davis who was competing in her first triathlon finishing third in her age group in 2hr 47min.
You may also want to watch:
Also amongst the trophies was Tracey Ketteridge (2hr 43min), coming second and Jack Peasgood with an impressive third place in 2hr 20min.
David Peasgood just missed out on a podium position (2hr 32min) and George Paparestis (2hr 59min), also turned in an excellent result
- 1 Air ambulance and four land vehicles called to Essex emergency
- 2 In pictures: First ever Summer Solstice Sundown festival a hit
- 3 Two taken to hospital after Little Dunmow collision
- 4 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 5 In pictures: Stebbing tractor run 2021
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 8 Half empty or half full weekend depending on whether you play for Dunmow's firsts or seconds
- 9 The 2021 Stebbing Tractor Run route
- 10 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
Darren Thomas suffered a puncture as he did in Norwich and couldn't finish.