Walden stun the champions
Saffron Walden Golf Club were triumphant in the Cambridge Area Golf Union Scratch League Division One for the first time in 18 years. The deciding game came last Wednesday against the Gog Magog team, who were the reigning champions. Walden went into the
Saffron Walden Golf Club were triumphant in the Cambridge Area Golf Union Scratch League Division One for the first time in 18 years.
The deciding game came last Wednesday against the Gog Magog team, who were the reigning champions. Walden went into the final game needing two points to lift the trophy.
As the matches unfolded, the lead pairs of Oliver Tuck and Richard Southall and Graham Goodman and Adam Brown were in tremendous form, winning their foursomes matches two up and three up respectively. James Vallins and Tom Duggan produced steady golf and halved their match.
Team coach David Cox, said of the success: "The team won eight of the 10 matches and halved the other two. With consistency like this you can see that we thoroughly deserved this success, and hope to build on it for next year.
You may also want to watch:
"It took great effort from everyone involved to go unbeaten throughout the whole season and
I am very proud of the team. A major factor was the coaching during the spring which led to consistency in the pairings throughout the season.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert