Visitors are too strong for Ladies
Saffron Walden Ladies B 0 Chelmsford Reserves 5 Despite a spirited display, Saffron Walden Ladies FC B are still searching for that illusive first win of the season as they were cruelly beaten by Chelmsford. For the first 20 minutes of the game Walden see
Saffron Walden Ladies B 0
Chelmsford Reserves 5
Despite a spirited display, Saffron Walden Ladies FC B are still searching for that illusive first win of the season as they were cruelly beaten by Chelmsford.
For the first 20 minutes of the game Walden seemed to be in control as they defended strongly thanks largely to the presence of Debbie Brown and Michelle Smith in the heart of the defence, whilst Lauren Hepburn was able to move forward and help the attackers.
You may also want to watch:
It was the long ball over the top of the defence that ultimately caught Walden out, as the visitors took advantage of a lack of pace to open the scoring on the half hour mark.
Chelmsford had the opportunity to double the lead soon after as they were awarded a penalty for handball in the box, however, Walden keeper Evie Taylor pulled off an impressive save.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 7 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 8 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 9 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 10 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
A comeback before half-time wasn't to be as the visitors doubled their lead against the run of play after Walden had failed to clear their lines.
The second half saw Walden continue to battle, but a third goal ultimately killed off any hopes Walden had had of kick-starting their season.
Fatigue was a large factor in the closing stages of the game as Walden heads dropped, allowing Chelmsford to score two more goals.