Trophy semi-final for Easley’s Takeley troops
- Credit: Archant
Takeley prepared for tonight’s (Thursday’s) Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy semi-final against Barking at the Mayesbrook Park Stadium with a 2-2 home draw with Ilford on Tuesday night.
An injury time equaliser for the away side denied Takeley all three points in their Essex Senior League Premier Division clash.
Ilford punched away in the first period, with Takeley taking up the control of the second half.
Bradley Joseph struck the base of a post for Ilford before Carl Mullings broke the deadlock after a quarter of an hour.
The visitors led 1-0 against their Station Road hosts at the break, however Takeley fought back in the second half.
You may also want to watch:
Full-back Olade Yusuf got forward to level the score after connecting with Alex Martin’s corner.
Michael Pindy then netted after receiving the ball from James Mayes.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 6 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 7 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 8 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 9 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 10 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
With the game heading to its finish, Ilford grabbed their second goal when Karolis Atutis struck five minutes into added time to earn a share of the points for his side.
All of Takeley’s attention will now be on securing a place in the trophy final.
Last week manager Duncan Easley told the Broadcast what he expects from his side’s semi-final opponents. He said: “Barking are a big, strong side with experienced players who have been there and done it.
“They have tailed off a little bit, but they will be tough.
“However if we can get our best 16 out I’d fancy us against anyone.”
Barking, who are second in the league table, secured a 1-0 Premier Division victory over Ilford on Saturday.
The weekend also saw Takeley draw 1-1 at Southend Manor.
Ryan Lockett put the away side ahead in the 11th minute and the same player hit the bar with another effort not long after as they looked to increase their advantage.
Takeley captain Alex Martin then had an effort ruled out for offside as the half ended 1-0.
Manor levelled the game on 66 minutes when substitute Rhys Fatt’s shot beat Sam Haywood in the Takeley goal.
There were enough chances for a winning goal, but nether side could take them as they settled for a point apiece.