Trophy first round success for Takeley
- Credit: Archant
Takeley claimed their biggest win of the season so far as they beat Enfield 1893 5-0 in the Essex Senior League Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy first round on Tuesday night.
Enfield 1893, who play at Harlow Town’s Barrow Park Stadium, were chasing the game from the moment James Mays opened the scoring after just two minutes.
It was 2-0 at the break as Enfield’s put the ball into his own net.
The second half saw Takeley extend their advantage as Ross Collins netted in the 53rd minute, soon after Mays bagged his second of the night before a Ryan Lockett penalty wrapped up the victory.
On Saturday Takeley return to league action as they visit the Mayesbrook Park Stadium to face Barking.
Barking took on Haringey Borough on Tuesday night in an FA Cup preliminary round replay and lost 2-1.
Borough will go on to face Southern League Division One Central outfit Potters Bar Town in the first qualifying round.
- 1 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 2 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 3 Dunmow Town Team announces 2021 Christmas market
- 4 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision
- 5 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 6 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 7 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 8 Dunmow Special and Braintree PCSO among award winners
- 9 There With You This Winter: New scheme for insulation improvements
- 10 Police arrest nearly 100 M11 and M25 environmental protestors