Trophy first round success for Takeley
- Credit: Archant
Takeley claimed their biggest win of the season so far as they beat Enfield 1893 5-0 in the Essex Senior League Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy first round on Tuesday night.
Enfield 1893, who play at Harlow Town’s Barrow Park Stadium, were chasing the game from the moment James Mays opened the scoring after just two minutes.
It was 2-0 at the break as Enfield’s put the ball into his own net.
The second half saw Takeley extend their advantage as Ross Collins netted in the 53rd minute, soon after Mays bagged his second of the night before a Ryan Lockett penalty wrapped up the victory.
On Saturday Takeley return to league action as they visit the Mayesbrook Park Stadium to face Barking.
You may also want to watch:
Barking took on Haringey Borough on Tuesday night in an FA Cup preliminary round replay and lost 2-1.
Borough will go on to face Southern League Division One Central outfit Potters Bar Town in the first qualifying round.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert