Triumphs for Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners in Little Baddow
- Credit: Archant
The penultimate race of the Mid-Essex Cross Country League was hosted by Little Baddow Ridge Runners on Sunday with plenty of success for Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners (GFDR).
The race took runners on a challenging, hilly route through Pheasanthouse Wood and Poors’ Piece.
GFDR fielded teams of 12 women and 25 men and both tasted triumph.
Strong performances resulted in both the squads taking first places.
Claudine Davie, finishing third, led home the GFDR’s women, with Jo Bisset-Smith (fifth), Kerry Harrington (sixth) and Pru Hayhow (eighth) also scoring team points.
You may also want to watch:
GFDR’s women finished just ahead of Little Badddow, with Springfield Striders third, followed by Mid-Essex Casuals and Braintree and District Athletic Club.
Scoring team points for GFDR’s men were James Bosher, finishing in second place, followed by Alistair Brown (third), Matt Bainbridge (fifth), James Lurkins (sixth), Lee Pickering (seventh), Steve Read (ninth) and Graham Freeman (12th).
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
Springfield Striders finished second, followed by Little Baddow, Braintree and Mid-Essex Casuals.
The final race in the series will be held at Braintree on March 12.