Triumphs for Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners in Little Baddow
- Credit: Archant
The penultimate race of the Mid-Essex Cross Country League was hosted by Little Baddow Ridge Runners on Sunday with plenty of success for Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners (GFDR).
The race took runners on a challenging, hilly route through Pheasanthouse Wood and Poors’ Piece.
GFDR fielded teams of 12 women and 25 men and both tasted triumph.
Strong performances resulted in both the squads taking first places.
Claudine Davie, finishing third, led home the GFDR’s women, with Jo Bisset-Smith (fifth), Kerry Harrington (sixth) and Pru Hayhow (eighth) also scoring team points.
You may also want to watch:
GFDR’s women finished just ahead of Little Badddow, with Springfield Striders third, followed by Mid-Essex Casuals and Braintree and District Athletic Club.
Scoring team points for GFDR’s men were James Bosher, finishing in second place, followed by Alistair Brown (third), Matt Bainbridge (fifth), James Lurkins (sixth), Lee Pickering (seventh), Steve Read (ninth) and Graham Freeman (12th).
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
Springfield Striders finished second, followed by Little Baddow, Braintree and Mid-Essex Casuals.
The final race in the series will be held at Braintree on March 12.