Tributes paid ahead of cricketer’s funeral
Cricketers have paid their respects to Simon Crouchman, who died moments after fielding for his club side Cloghams on August 20.
A minute’s silence was held at the High Roding v Aythorpe Roding match on Saturday, prior to Aythorpe being crowned champions for 2011 with one game to go.
Mr Crouchman, a father of two from Leaden Roding, collapsed in the field during a match against Willingale, he later died after being taken to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford.
His funeral will be held on September 7 at St Martin’s Church in White Roding, starting at 2.30pm. The service will be followed by refreshments at the White Roding Social and Sports Club, a place where Mr Crouchman was a long-time volunteer.
All donations and gifts will be donated to the club and can be sent to funeral directors Daniel Robinson and Sons n Haslers Lane in Great Dunmow.
You may also want to watch:
A statement from High Roding cricket club said: “High Roding would like to send their condolences to both the family of Simon Crouchman and to Cloghams Cricket Club on their recent sad loss.”
Mr Crouchman leaves behind two teenage daughters Emma and Sian.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 6 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing