Triathletes put in impressive performance
Once again Walden s triathletes excelled in one of the early season premier triathlon events. Amid the beautiful setting of Blenheim Palace and with warm sunny weather, the Walden Tri members put in a tremendous club performance. The course consisted of a
Once again Walden's triathletes excelled in one of the early season premier triathlon events.
Amid the beautiful setting of Blenheim Palace and with warm sunny weather, the Walden Tri members put in a tremendous club performance.
The course consisted of a 750m swim in the lake, a 20k bike followed with a 5k run. Challenging enough, but the toughest part was running 400m uphill in a wetsuit from the lake to the bike transition.
James Shears led the Walden men home in 1hr 19min placing him 103 out of 2158 competitors.
He was hotly pursued by Greg Lewis in 1hr 20min in 136 place, Phil Standen 1hr 23min (268), Al Budinger 1hr 28 min (596), Alasdair Mackenzie 1hr 30min (768) and John Tweedale in 1hr 30 min securing 836 spot.
In the ladies, Tracey Ketteridge had a terrific race finishing in 1hr 29min securing 42 out of a total 633 competitors, a superb performance.
- 1 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 2 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 5 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 6 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 7 Emergency bananas rescue man's 875-mile solo cycle challenge
- 8 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 9 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 10 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
Finally Jack Peasgood secured a very creditable 20th place in the youth category with a time of 45min.
For more information visit www.walden tri .co.uk