Triathletes put in impressive performance
Once again Walden s triathletes excelled in one of the early season premier triathlon events. Amid the beautiful setting of Blenheim Palace and with warm sunny weather, the Walden Tri members put in a tremendous club performance. The course consisted of a
Once again Walden's triathletes excelled in one of the early season premier triathlon events.
Amid the beautiful setting of Blenheim Palace and with warm sunny weather, the Walden Tri members put in a tremendous club performance.
The course consisted of a 750m swim in the lake, a 20k bike followed with a 5k run. Challenging enough, but the toughest part was running 400m uphill in a wetsuit from the lake to the bike transition.
James Shears led the Walden men home in 1hr 19min placing him 103 out of 2158 competitors.
You may also want to watch:
He was hotly pursued by Greg Lewis in 1hr 20min in 136 place, Phil Standen 1hr 23min (268), Al Budinger 1hr 28 min (596), Alasdair Mackenzie 1hr 30min (768) and John Tweedale in 1hr 30 min securing 836 spot.
In the ladies, Tracey Ketteridge had a terrific race finishing in 1hr 29min securing 42 out of a total 633 competitors, a superb performance.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 7 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
Finally Jack Peasgood secured a very creditable 20th place in the youth category with a time of 45min.
For more information visit www.walden tri .co.uk