Triathletes make mark in Monaco
Waldentri again performed well at various races over recent weekends, including the Monaco Half Ironman, the Vitruvian at Rutland Water and the Waveney Valley Sprint Triathlon. James Sheairs and Phil Standen took on the most exclusive Ironman race of the
Waldentri again performed well at various races over recent weekends, including the Monaco Half Ironman, the Vitruvian at Rutland Water and the Waveney Valley Sprint Triathlon.
James Sheairs and Phil Standen took on the most exclusive Ironman race of the season, Monaco, covering 1.9km of swimming, 90km of biking and 21.1km of running.
With a field of over 800 James positioned 326 in a time of 5hr 55min and Phil finished in 566th with a time of 6hr 54min.
The Vitruvian held at Rutland Water is again a Half Ironman distance over a very hilly bike course. Out of the 689 finishers Damian Quinn positioned 175th, Phil Doel came 312th and David Hird finished in 376th.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, the weekend saw the second running of the very popular Waveny Valley Sprit Triathlon.
The race consists of a 400m swim, 20km bike, finishing with a tough 3.2km run and always provides for some very competitive racing.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 10 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
In all Waldentri had seven athletes racing with Jack Peasgood finishing on the podium in third place overall in a time of 50min 43sec. Other strong performances came from George Alexander in eighth, David Peasgood in 19th, Alan Budinger in 26th, Paul Wiffen in 28th and John Tweedale in 34th.
For more information visit www.waldentri.co.uk