Triahletes on form at Bedford
Dunmow Triathlon Club enjoyed excellent results at the Bedford Autumn Sprint Triathlon at the weekend. Sunday dawned dark and cold as 14 members arrived to register for the triathlon. The event took place at the Robinson Swimming Pool and consisted of a
Dunmow Triathlon Club enjoyed excellent results at the Bedford Autumn Sprint Triathlon at the weekend.
Sunday dawned dark and cold as 14 members arrived to register for the triathlon.
The event took place at the Robinson Swimming Pool and consisted of a 400m pool swim, a 25km technical and undulating bike course and a 5km run around scenic Bedford Park, at the rear of the swimming pool.
A good set of results was produced by all members, with Darren Thomas placing highest overall - 19th position in 1hr 10min.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Prier was next, in 1hr 17min and 57th place, with Keith Taylor in hot pursuit at 58th.
Andy Chambers was next for the club in 82nd place in 1hr 20min, followed very closely by James Blair, 88th in 1hr 21sec.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 7 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 8 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 9 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 10 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
First lady for Dunmow was Lindsay Hellier in 95th place at 1hr 21sec, also placing second in her age group. Phil Curran placed 123rd in 1hr 24min with Phil Elms coming home in 1hr 28min in 167th place, followed closely by Rob Newman in 1hr 29min and Isabel Ross-Edwards in 1hr 31min.
Nicki Barker completed her first triathlon in 1hr 39min with a borrowed bike and kit and Angus Hellier and Jonathon Davies also completed the triathlon in 1hr 41min and 1hr 51min respectively.