Tri tri, and then succeed
MEMBERS of Dunmow Triathlon club took part in the Beaverfest Triathlon festival held at Belvoir Castle Lincolnshire over the bank holiday weekend.
Racing for the 23-strong group was over various triathlon distances ranging from middle distance (1900m swim, 80km bike, 20km run), Olympic distance (1500m swim, 40km bike and 10km run) and sprint (750m swim, 20km bike and 5km run).
The weekend attracted over 1,400 competitors in total to race around the stunning scenery of Belvoir Castle – swimming in the castle’s lake, biking around the undulating local roads and running through the castle grounds.
The highlight of the weekend was the victory in the middle distance relay race of Shaun Woodley, Phil Curran and Doug Slater. Shaun completed the swim in 35 minutes 35 seconds, Phil Curran the bike leg in two hours and 37 minutes and Doug Slater in an incredible one hour and 22 minutes. The team won their race by a massive 45 minutes to claim victory.
The weekend was a real success with Adam French, Andy Chambers and Paul Foster all completing personal bests over the middle distance race.
You may also want to watch:
Diane Hornsblow completing in her first open water triathlon, and John Bermingham, David Pearce and Shaun Woodley completing their first Olympic distance triathlons.
For more information on the club visit dunmowtri.co.uk.
- 1 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 4 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Tens of thousands of pounds worth of horse riding gear stolen in High Easter
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 'This is my life version 2.0' - Doctor marks Covid anniversary with fundraising efforts
- 9 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 10 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford