Tri club looking to add water to next year’s race at Hatfield Forest
DUNMOW Triathlon Club chairman Phil Elms has presented a cheque for �300 to the National Trust...
DUNMOW Triathlon Club chairman Phil Elms presented a cheque for �300 to the National Trust in recognition for the use of Hatfield Forest for the club’s second Duathlon race held in March this year.
The Duathlon race at Hatfield Forest comprised of a 5km cross country run, followed by a 23km bike ride around the forest and a further 5km cross country run.
The winner of the race, Jack Peasgood completed it in 1hr 20mins and a total of 245 competitors took part – making it one of the most popular races held over the winter.
“Hatfield Forest is a superb location for our Duathlon – the ability to race in such an environment is a real honour for all the athletes. The club would like to thank the National Trust for allowing the race to be held at Hatfield Forest and I am pleased to announce that we have agreed to hold the event again next year. Entry details will soon be posted on entrycentral.co.uk,” said Mr Elms.
You may also want to watch:
Henry Bexley, countryside manager for Essex said: “Partnership working with Dunmow Triathlon Club in hosting the second Duathlon event at Hatfield Forest has been a really successful venture this year with a well planned and popular event. In spite of muddy conditions it was great to see the athletes coming in smiling.”
Henry and Phil are discussing the possibilities of holding an open water triathlon in the summer of 2012. Phil added: “A triathlon in the forest with swimming in the lake would be an amazing opportunity to make the most of the landscape, and I’m sure would attract athletes from further afield.”
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 5 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
For more information on the club and its events visit dunmowtri.co.uk.