Tournament joy for Spartak
Following last season s double winning league and cup success, Spartak under 12 Reds kicked off their new campaign in style, by winning the Linton Aztecs Tournament. Spartak were held to a goalless draw by West Wratting in the first game, but goals from
Following last season's double winning league and cup success, Spartak under 12 Reds kicked off their new campaign in style, by winning the Linton Aztecs' Tournament.
Spartak were held to a goalless draw by West Wratting in the first game, but goals from Terry Duck and Theo Hutchinson helped them defeat Linton Aztecs in the second.
In the third match, Spartak overwhelmed Eversden Gunners with a great display. Wilson, Powell, Matt Williams and Dan Procter were on the scoresheet to set up a final clash with West Wratting.
Both teams played excellent football, but Spartak had the edge in the first half with Low, Duck, Hutchinson and the impressive Jafari, all having shots well saved by the Wratting keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Spartak continued to pour forward in the second half, calling the keeper into action on numerous occasions despite playing into a strong, blustery wind.
With extra time looming, they finally found the breakthrough. Duck beating two players before firing the ball past the keeper to give his side the lead.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
Wratting didn't give up and put Spartak under considerable pressure, however, the defence held firm and the Reds took the victory and the trophy.
Spartak start their league campaign on Sunday at Herbert's Farm when they host Ramsey Colts.