Tough test for Dunmow Rhodes Lions against leaders
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes Lions U17s put in a good performance against league leaders Notley Youth, but went down 3-1.
Their opponents had scored 38 goals in five matches so far in Blackwater and Dengie Youth League Division Two before this game.
But it was Dunmow who took the lead when Sam Duberry ran from the halfway line and used his pace to cause the Notley Youth defence problems, and he shot past the advancing keeper with a brilliant controlled effort for his 10th goal of the season.
However, the lead did not last long as Notley drew level from close range, while Dunmow keeper Luke Johnson was forced into making a number of saves.
Notley added two more goals before the break to lead 3-1 at the interval.
You may also want to watch:
In the second period both sides had chances, with Dunmow’s midfield working hard to supply their strikers.
But no more goals materialised, and despite an impressive performance Dunmow had to settle for a defeat.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert