Tough test for Dunmow Rhodes Lions against leaders
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes Lions U17s put in a good performance against league leaders Notley Youth, but went down 3-1.
Their opponents had scored 38 goals in five matches so far in Blackwater and Dengie Youth League Division Two before this game.
But it was Dunmow who took the lead when Sam Duberry ran from the halfway line and used his pace to cause the Notley Youth defence problems, and he shot past the advancing keeper with a brilliant controlled effort for his 10th goal of the season.
However, the lead did not last long as Notley drew level from close range, while Dunmow keeper Luke Johnson was forced into making a number of saves.
Notley added two more goals before the break to lead 3-1 at the interval.
You may also want to watch:
In the second period both sides had chances, with Dunmow’s midfield working hard to supply their strikers.
But no more goals materialised, and despite an impressive performance Dunmow had to settle for a defeat.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash