Tough start to the season for High Roding
- Credit: Getty Images/BananaStock RF
High Roding had a rude awakening on Saturday when they hosted Old Chelmsfordians at The Meadow in their opening game of the season.
The visitors are likely to be one of the strongest teams in the Premier Division of the TC Rippon Mid Essex League, and so it proved as they secured a 160 run victory.
Batting first they scored 364-4, including 115 not out by Rehman, with some indifferent bowling from the Roding bowlers who managed to put in 40 wides during the innings.
In reply Roding scored 204-8 as they lost the first match of the season. Simon Sargent top scored with 42.
High Roding 2nds fared much better, winning against Rickling Ramblers by five wickets.
You may also want to watch:
Roding shot them out for 68 with Simon Hodgson taking three wickets, there were two wickets apiece for Adrian Pask, Tom Shrager and Ross Broyd while the other wicket fell to Charlie Sturgeon.
In reply Roding passed the total with the loss of five wickets.
- 1 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 7 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 8 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced
Nadith Kumarappurana scored 41, Harry Pilcher 10 and Duncan Stead also made 10.
The 1sts travel to Hatfield Peverel this Saturday, while the 2nds entertain High Beach at The Meadow.