Top Braintree Boggle marathon finish for Dunmow runner
- Credit: Archant
A misty Sunday morning did not deter Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners (GFDR) from taking part in the Braintree Boggle marathon or a half marathon at Great Bentley.
The biennial Boggle marathon started at Black Notley and took runners on a mainly off-road course around the Braintree area.
The race attracted 87 competitors, including five from GFDR.
Joint winners, in 3hous 16minutes 45seconds, were GFDR’s Alistair Brown and Allen Smalls of Colchester Harriers Athletics Club.
GFDR’s James Bosher finished third in 3.17.28 with Dan Reynolds taking fifth place in 3.22.22.
Ian Lawson finished in 4.49.59 and Jo Bisset-Smith in 4.58.10.
Meanwhile, 665 runners, including 18 from GFDR, took part in the Great Bentley half marathon.
- 1 RideLondon: The Uttlesford road closures list
- 2 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 3 'Ace line' drug dealer is jailed
- 4 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 5 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 6 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 7 Obituary: Michael Hitchcock was known as 'Mr Bardfield'
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Could you be named the Essex Young Musician of the Year?
The race was won by James Connor of Kent Athletics Club in 1.08.38.
Steve Read in 1.26.16 was fastest for GFDR.
The flat course and good running conditions resulted in nine personal best times for GFDR: Claudine Davie (1.32.55), Jason Bepey (1.39.22), Colin Jackson (1.42.06), Charlotte King (1.43.05), Brady Ramsay (1.49.28), Richard Robertson (1.50.56), Mark Smith (1.53.12), Hayley Morley (1.57.28) and Glenda Jackson (2.11.06).
Sean Henderson finished in 1.36.06 followed by Simon King (1.37.15) and Gerard Geurts (1.37.33).
Kerry Harrington in 1.44.08 was followed by Gillian Robertson (1.46.32), Dan Wright (1.50.32), Martin Jackson (1.52.51) and Laetitia Corbett (2.04.02).