Tiebreak decides mixed pairs Winter Championships final
- Credit: Archant
There was a nail-biting finish to the Winter Championships at Dunmow Tennis Club which Ollie Clark and Lilian Mitchell won on a tiebreak in the deciding set.
Mixed pairs Clark and Mitchell squared up against Richard Boeve and Sandra Bell on a beautiful spring evening watched by large number of spectators.
Boeve and Bell took an early lead, winning the first set 6-3.
The second set was fiercely contested culminating in a tiebreak won by Clark and Mitchell.
At one set all they entered the final set, it was level pegging all the way to 6-6 with each side playing some excellent tennis.
You may also want to watch:
After some tense, nerve-racking points Clark and Mitchell won the final set 7-6.
It was a first class tennis match to watch and throughly enjoyed by the spectators.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 3 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 4 New cycle network consultation announced
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 7 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease