Tiebreak decides mixed pairs Winter Championships final
- Credit: Archant
There was a nail-biting finish to the Winter Championships at Dunmow Tennis Club which Ollie Clark and Lilian Mitchell won on a tiebreak in the deciding set.
Mixed pairs Clark and Mitchell squared up against Richard Boeve and Sandra Bell on a beautiful spring evening watched by large number of spectators.
Boeve and Bell took an early lead, winning the first set 6-3.
The second set was fiercely contested culminating in a tiebreak won by Clark and Mitchell.
At one set all they entered the final set, it was level pegging all the way to 6-6 with each side playing some excellent tennis.
After some tense, nerve-racking points Clark and Mitchell won the final set 7-6.
It was a first class tennis match to watch and throughly enjoyed by the spectators.
- 1 Braintree investment leads to questions about Witham
- 2 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 3 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 4 Meet the cast of this year's special Harlow Playhouse pantomime Robin Hood
- 5 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district
- 6 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Live Nativity returns to Great Dunmow this December
- 9 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 10 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up