Three headed goals for Dunmow in draw
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes Lions U18s put in an excellent team performance to draw 3-3 away at Coggeshall Town Reds in the league cup group B on Sunday.
With both teams looking to qualify for the semi-finals,Dunmow hit two late goals to earn a draw.
The first half saw both teams playing good football with the odd chance on goal.
As the first half was coming to an end Town scored when a shot was partly saved by keeper Luke Johnson, but the loose ball was tucked in.
At the start of the second half Town grabbed a second goal from a good run and finish.
Dunmow pulled one back when set-piece specialist Adam Griggs sent over a corner and it was headed in by Ben Fisher.
Rhodes put pressure on the Town defence, but this left space at the back and from a breakaway run at the Dunmow defence Coggeshall hit their third goal with just ten minutes left to play.
- 1 RideLondon: The Uttlesford road closures list
- 2 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 3 'Ace line' drug dealer is jailed
- 4 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 5 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 6 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 7 Obituary: Michael Hitchcock was known as 'Mr Bardfield'
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Could you be named the Essex Young Musician of the Year?
In an action-packed closing period a cross into the penalty area found skipper Christian Roles and his back header from an acute angle found the top corner for 3-2.
The equaliser came in the final minutes of the game as another riggs corner was met by George Watkins for a third headed Dunmow goal to make it 3-3.
Rhodes are in second in group B with seven points and two games to play. Notley Youth at home and Maldon Saints away.
Town Reds have four points and are in third place, also with two group games to complete.