Thomas and Slater both win
DUNMOW triathletes have struck gold – again.
Darren Thomas won his age group at last weekend’s Waveney Triathlon in Norfolk, finishing 5th overall out of 175 entrants.
He completed the 400m swim, 21k bike ride and 3k run in 51minutes and 24 seconds to take his 4th age group victory of the season.
A large number of club members took part in the inaugural Birchanger Junior School 10k run also held on Sunday.
The men’s race was won by Dunmow triathlete Doug Slater in an impressive time of just over 44 minutes. The race itself was held over a mixture of quiet country lanes with 130 entrants.
You may also want to watch:
Other Dunmow athletes taking part were Matt Hodge, veteran triathlete Rob Newman, John Bermingham, Emma Szlachta, Steve Marlow, Andy Chambers and husband and wife athletes Guy and Sharon Channon.
A great day was had by all including the budding triathletes of the future who took part in a one mile fun run as part of the day’s activities.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 4 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 5 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 6 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 7 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 10 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
If you are interested in competing in triathlon the club offers training and support for all levels of athlete and is especially supportive of novice triathletes. Regular swimming sessions, running track and cycling sessions are organised from the base at Dunmow Leisure Centre – for more information see dunmowtri.co.uk.