Thomas and Slater both win
DUNMOW triathletes have struck gold – again.
Darren Thomas won his age group at last weekend’s Waveney Triathlon in Norfolk, finishing 5th overall out of 175 entrants.
He completed the 400m swim, 21k bike ride and 3k run in 51minutes and 24 seconds to take his 4th age group victory of the season.
A large number of club members took part in the inaugural Birchanger Junior School 10k run also held on Sunday.
The men’s race was won by Dunmow triathlete Doug Slater in an impressive time of just over 44 minutes. The race itself was held over a mixture of quiet country lanes with 130 entrants.
Other Dunmow athletes taking part were Matt Hodge, veteran triathlete Rob Newman, John Bermingham, Emma Szlachta, Steve Marlow, Andy Chambers and husband and wife athletes Guy and Sharon Channon.
A great day was had by all including the budding triathletes of the future who took part in a one mile fun run as part of the day’s activities.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 6 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 7 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 10 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
If you are interested in competing in triathlon the club offers training and support for all levels of athlete and is especially supportive of novice triathletes. Regular swimming sessions, running track and cycling sessions are organised from the base at Dunmow Leisure Centre – for more information see dunmowtri.co.uk.