Thaxted keep up fine start
Hatfield Heath Reserves 3 Thaxted Rangers Reserves 3 Thaxted Rangers Reserves continued their unbeaten start to the season snatching a point at the death in this entertaining encounter at Hatfield Heath on Saturday. The visitors got off to the worst poss
Hatfield Heath Reserves 3
Thaxted Rangers Reserves 3
Thaxted Rangers Reserves continued their unbeaten start to the season snatching a point at the death in this entertaining encounter at Hatfield Heath on Saturday.
The visitors got off to the worst possible start after five minutes
You may also want to watch:
when Thaxted keeper Michael Linstead was unable to hold onto a header and, on running forward, tapped in the rebound.
The hosts dominated the next 20 minutes, but gradually Thaxted started to get into the game and their improved play was rewarded when Josh Rix broke down the left and drilled the ball low past the keeper to bring the scores level.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
The visitors were soon behind again however, when a looping effort found its way into the back of the net just before half-time.
The second half was a more even affair, but with 15 minutes to go, Hatfield looked to have wrapped up the game with a breakaway goal, saw two players and the keeper converge on the ball at the same time.
Lewis Hornsby was pushed up to play just behind the front two, and within two minutes it paid off as he drilled the ball across the keeper and into the net from 20 yards.
Thaxted piled players forward and with five minutes to go Andy Cowlin pounced on a defensive mistake and managed to squeeze the ball past the keeper to bring the scores level and earn his side a share of the spoils.