Team come away with win
Upminster V 2 Saffron Walden VI 3 Saffron Walden sixths twice came from behind to defeat Upminster on Saturday. The hosts took the lead early on from a penalty corner, but Walden equalised when Alfie Smith drove along the back line and flicked in the rebo
Upminster V 2
Saffron Walden VI 3
Saffron Walden sixths twice came from behind to defeat Upminster on Saturday.
The hosts took the lead early on from a penalty corner, but Walden equalised when Alfie Smith drove along the back line and flicked in the rebound after his first shot had come back off the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
However, Upminster went in front again before Fraser Hill brought Saffron Walden level again before half-time.
The second half saw chances at both ends and the Upminster keeper blocked a number of penalty corner attempts.
- 1 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 2 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 3 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 4 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 5 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 6 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 7 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 8 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 9 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 In this week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on Thursday August 5
It was Walden who made the breakthrough once again though, as Ed Wiseman fired in from close range in the closing stages to give his side the victory.
Old Southendians IV 1 Dunmow II 2
A depleted Dunmow seconds recorded an important away win in this top of the table clash away at Old Southendians.
The home side went into the break one up, but some strong words and reorganisation from Dunmow skipper Farr led to more possession in the second half.
Dunmow winger Taylor scored twice at the far post to reward their domination and secure the points that take the visitors to the top of the league table on goal difference.
- There was a disappointing set of results for the high section of the Saffron Walden men's teams at the weekend.
The first team lost 1-0 against Witham, the seconds 4-3 to Harlow, and the thirds were on the wrong end of a 5-2 scoreline against Brentwood thirds.
Witham thirds defeated Walden fourths 7-2, the fifths were beaten 3-1 by Brentwood fifths, but there was better news for the sevenths who hammered Thurrock thirds 10-1.
The ladies first team kept up their fine run with a 7-2 victory over Hadleigh, but the seconds were beaten 5-4 by Hertford.