Takeley well beaten by Bowers & Pitsea
- Credit: Archant
Takeley suffered a third Essex Senior League loss in a row as they were beaten 4-2 by Bowers & Pitsea on Bank Holiday Monday.
In their seventh consecutive home game, Duncan Easley’s men were slow out of the blocks.
They were pressed back early on by a side who went into the clash having lost once in 10 matches.
Bowers took only four minutes to go ahead as Alfie Hilton pulled the ball back from the right where Ross Adams struck home.
Just three minutes later Takeley found themselves 2-0 down.
You may also want to watch:
Hilton was again involved as this time his cross was headed back across the goal by Lewis Manor for Jack Gardner to slot the ball between the keeper Josh Knight’s legs.
The home side had a let off soon after as Bowers had the ball in the back of the net again, however the linesman’s flag ruled it out for offside.
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 5 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 6 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 10 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
After the break, Takeley improved, however they were caught on the counter-attack and Gardner ended a swift move for 3-0, netting his second of the day.
Chris Bryan wrapped up the Bowers scoring with a fourth from close range to add further misery on the hosts.
There was some fight left in Takeley though as they pulled two back through Chris Gibbs before the end, though it was too little too late.
Takeley, in their eighth home game in a row, have another tough fixture as they entertain league leaders FC Romania on Saturday.
The table toppers have not plauyed since December 23, but have netted 14 goals in their last three games.
Elsewhere in the Essex Senior League on Monday, Stansted were beaten 2-1 by Basildon United after leading 1-0 at half-time.
On Saturday the Airportmen host Greenhouse Sports at the Hargrave Park Stadium, (3pm).