Takeley’s winless run comes to end
- Credit: Archant
Takeley ended a six-match run without a win by defeating bottom of the standings Haringey & Waltham 3-0 on Saturday.
Boss Marc Das is hoping the triumph will mark a change in fortunes for his third in the table troops as they prepare for a home Essex Senior League derby clash on Saturday.
After a draw and five losses, two of which were in cup competitions, Das was pleased to return to winning ways and told the Broadcast: “We hope that was a turning point.
“We have a big game this week with local rivals Stansted [3pm kick-off at Station Road].
“Both Mark [Ashford] their manager and I are aware of each other, I’m sure both teams will be attacking so it should be an exciting game.”
You may also want to watch:
Das is pleased his strikers were among the goals at Haringey & Waltham with Charlie Cole grabbing a brace while Mike Ogboin netted his first since rejoining the club.
“We hoped it [the win] would be by a few as the boys up front needed a boost in confidence,” he added.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 6 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
“Even in the games we had not got the results in it wasn’t because we had not been playing well, we just had not hit the back of the net, it was our own downfall.
“That was put right on Saturday with Charlie getting his brace and Mike got his first goal of the season.
“Mike, with his height and build, gives us a different option in attack as he’s a target man to aim for if needed.”