Takeley’s unbeaten streak ends at Barking
- Credit: Archant
It was 13th time unlucky for Takeley as their 12-match unbeaten run was ended on Saturday.
The Essex Senior League side were beaten 5-3 by leaders Barking in an entertaining encounter at Mayesbrook Park.
Marc Das’ Takeley side trailed 1-0 when Petrit Elbi put the hosts ahead.
However, Takeley levelled through Reece Barrett and then went ahead as top scorer Charlie Cole netted his 37th goal of the season.
Barking though hit back as Joseph Staunton equalised six minutes before the break.
But there was still time before the interval for George Powell to restore Takeley’s lead.
However, Barking took charge after half-time as James Peagram’s brace saw his side go 4-3 ahead and substitute Max Watters hit a fifth in the last minute.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 3 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 4 10,000 signatures reached against Essex mega-prison proposal
- 5 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 6 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 7 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 8 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 9 Recap: A120 reopens near Stansted Airport after 'police incident'
- 10 Things to do in Essex this June
Takeley’s next game is not until February 25 as they host Southend Manor.