Takeley’s unbeaten streak ends at Barking
- Credit: Archant
It was 13th time unlucky for Takeley as their 12-match unbeaten run was ended on Saturday.
The Essex Senior League side were beaten 5-3 by leaders Barking in an entertaining encounter at Mayesbrook Park.
Marc Das’ Takeley side trailed 1-0 when Petrit Elbi put the hosts ahead.
However, Takeley levelled through Reece Barrett and then went ahead as top scorer Charlie Cole netted his 37th goal of the season.
Barking though hit back as Joseph Staunton equalised six minutes before the break.
You may also want to watch:
But there was still time before the interval for George Powell to restore Takeley’s lead.
However, Barking took charge after half-time as James Peagram’s brace saw his side go 4-3 ahead and substitute Max Watters hit a fifth in the last minute.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
Takeley’s next game is not until February 25 as they host Southend Manor.