Takeley’s Cole hits hat-trick to down Forest
- Credit: Archant
Takeley striker Charlie Cole bagged a hat-trick and took his goal tally to an impressive 44 for the season in a 4-1 home win over Waltham Forest on Tuesday night.
The result sees Marc Das’ side fourth in the Essex Senior League behind FC Romania, Clapton and leaders Barking.
Cole opened the scoring with a header and tucked in another soon after to give his side a 2-0 lead at the break.
He completed his latest treble before Forest pulled one back for 3-1.
However, Takeley had the final say as Mitchell Das netted his side’s fourth, and his 14th goal of the season, late on.
You may also want to watch:
It sealed a second win for Takeley against Forest in just four days.
The two sides had also met in the league on Saturday afternoon with Takeley running out 3-0 victors at the Wadham Lodge Stadium in Walthamstow.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
Cole, Das and Alex Martin all scored in a second half which had also seen the hosts reduced to 10 men as Billy Hendy was sent off just after the hour-mark.
On Saturday Takeley host Enfield 1893 at Station Road.