Takeley’s Cole hits hat-trick to down Forest
- Credit: Archant
Takeley striker Charlie Cole bagged a hat-trick and took his goal tally to an impressive 44 for the season in a 4-1 home win over Waltham Forest on Tuesday night.
The result sees Marc Das’ side fourth in the Essex Senior League behind FC Romania, Clapton and leaders Barking.
Cole opened the scoring with a header and tucked in another soon after to give his side a 2-0 lead at the break.
He completed his latest treble before Forest pulled one back for 3-1.
However, Takeley had the final say as Mitchell Das netted his side’s fourth, and his 14th goal of the season, late on.
You may also want to watch:
It sealed a second win for Takeley against Forest in just four days.
The two sides had also met in the league on Saturday afternoon with Takeley running out 3-0 victors at the Wadham Lodge Stadium in Walthamstow.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 4 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 5 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 6 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 7 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 8 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 9 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 10 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
Cole, Das and Alex Martin all scored in a second half which had also seen the hosts reduced to 10 men as Billy Hendy was sent off just after the hour-mark.
On Saturday Takeley host Enfield 1893 at Station Road.