Takeley red hot in league with third victory
- Credit: Archant
Top-of-the-table Takeley maintained their 100 per cent winning start to the league season with a 2-0 triumph over Redbridge on Tuesday.
With three Essex Senior League victories from three games, Marc Das’ side are the division’s pacesetters.
He said: “You become the team everyone wants to beat to knock us off our pedestal and there is pressure on us to maintain it.”
Takeley next welcome the side Das managed last season, Sawbridgeworth Town, to Station Road on Saturday.
Ahead of being reunited with his former club, he said: “There will be lots of banter as some of my old players are still there and some came with me to Takeley.
“I have known the Watters boys [Mark and John] who have taken over for years.
“It will be nice off the pitch but not so nice on it as both teams will want to win this game.”
- 1 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 2 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 3 Essex Young Farmers celebrate Plough Sunday with Thaxted tractor run
- 4 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 5 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 6 Sunday's event for the 100 year anniversary of village hall
- 7 Things to do in Essex February 2022
- 8 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 9 Pets' Corner news: Winter Walkies for St Clare
- 10 Fears that Covid may cause Essex hospital staffing to get ‘very difficult’
Having seen his team knocked out of the FA Cup at Barking on Saturday, Das was pleased with the reaction of his players to beat Redbridge mid-week.
“From the start it was high intensity and constant pressure all over the park,” he said.
After a goalless first half, striker Charlie Cole had a header ruled out for offside.
However, a stunning 30-yard chip from Jack Haspineall broke the deadlock before Cole’s low left-footed drive secured the third league win on the trot.
Das added: “It was a good performance to take all three points away from home.
“We’ll need to do the same again on Saturday against my old side.”