Takeley red hot in league with third victory
- Credit: Archant
Top-of-the-table Takeley maintained their 100 per cent winning start to the league season with a 2-0 triumph over Redbridge on Tuesday.
With three Essex Senior League victories from three games, Marc Das’ side are the division’s pacesetters.
He said: “You become the team everyone wants to beat to knock us off our pedestal and there is pressure on us to maintain it.”
Takeley next welcome the side Das managed last season, Sawbridgeworth Town, to Station Road on Saturday.
Ahead of being reunited with his former club, he said: “There will be lots of banter as some of my old players are still there and some came with me to Takeley.
You may also want to watch:
“I have known the Watters boys [Mark and John] who have taken over for years.
“It will be nice off the pitch but not so nice on it as both teams will want to win this game.”
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 3 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 4 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 5 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Dragons' Den style competition highlights innovative ideas
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 10 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
Having seen his team knocked out of the FA Cup at Barking on Saturday, Das was pleased with the reaction of his players to beat Redbridge mid-week.
“From the start it was high intensity and constant pressure all over the park,” he said.
After a goalless first half, striker Charlie Cole had a header ruled out for offside.
However, a stunning 30-yard chip from Jack Haspineall broke the deadlock before Cole’s low left-footed drive secured the third league win on the trot.
Das added: “It was a good performance to take all three points away from home.
“We’ll need to do the same again on Saturday against my old side.”