Takeley recover from derby loss to beat Sporting Bengal United
- Credit: Archant
Takeley got over the disappointment of Saturday’s 1-0 derby loss to Stansted by beating Sporting Bengal United 3-2 on Tuesday night.
The three points did not come easily though as Bengal, second bottom of the Essex Senior League, had led their hosts 2-0.
Takeley’s Reece Barrett sparked the comeback though with a 35-yard strike to make it 2-1 at half-time.
After the break striker Charlie Cole levelled before Jordan Wescott grabbed the all important winner for Marc Das’ side.
This Saturday Takeley are again at home as they entertain Clapton.
You may also want to watch:
Last weekend a solitary effort from Stansted’s Luke Meadwright won the game.
The Airportmen played the last five minutes with 10 men as Matthew Gill collected two second-half yellow cards, but Takeley could not find a way back into the league encounter.
- 1 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 2 School receives copies of Grandad's Lost His Glasses
- 3 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 4 One arrest after harassment complaints in Halstead
- 5 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 6 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 7 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 8 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 9 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 10 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month