Takeley recover from derby loss to beat Sporting Bengal United
- Credit: Archant
Takeley got over the disappointment of Saturday’s 1-0 derby loss to Stansted by beating Sporting Bengal United 3-2 on Tuesday night.
The three points did not come easily though as Bengal, second bottom of the Essex Senior League, had led their hosts 2-0.
Takeley’s Reece Barrett sparked the comeback though with a 35-yard strike to make it 2-1 at half-time.
After the break striker Charlie Cole levelled before Jordan Wescott grabbed the all important winner for Marc Das’ side.
This Saturday Takeley are again at home as they entertain Clapton.
You may also want to watch:
Last weekend a solitary effort from Stansted’s Luke Meadwright won the game.
The Airportmen played the last five minutes with 10 men as Matthew Gill collected two second-half yellow cards, but Takeley could not find a way back into the league encounter.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease