Takeley ready for FA Cup tie with Stansted
- Credit: Archant
Takeley face local rivals Stansted in an FA Cup preliminary round tie at Bishop’s Stortford on Sunday (2pm).
And they go into the tie on the back of a 4-1 win over Walthamstow in the Essex Senior League last weekend.
Stuart Zanone fired home from a Mitchell Das pass to open the scoring at Station Road, with the same pair combining to make it 2-0 after a good pass from Bryn Thorpe.
Captain Jason Todd, Kyan Gulliver and Mike Castle all impressed for the home side and Matt Gill denied Stow a reply after the break.
Zanone saw chances to complete his hat-trick go begging before Gill saw his long clearance find substitute Charlie Cole to fire past James Harkin for Takeley’s third goal.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors did hit back with a James Peagram header, but Cole had the last word with his second strike to seal the points and make it three wins in a row for the early pacesetters.
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 3 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 4 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 5 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 10 Stansted author to release second novel