Takeley reach cup semi-final with win over Hullbridge Sports
- Credit: Archant
Takeley booked their place in the last four of the Essex Senior League Challenge Cup with a 2-1 home victory over Hullbridge Sports on Tuesday.
First half goals from Charlie Cole and Jason Todd put the hosts 2-0 up.
Sean Sanmoogan almost made it 3-0 with a run and shot from the edge of the box which hit the bar.
Hullbridge’s Jimmy Cox made the most of a defensive lapse to pull one back just before the break.
Takeley could have added further goals in the second half, but couldn’t find a way through.
You may also want to watch:
The Station Road side were then grateful to keeper Ronnie Yates who pulled off a smart stop towards the end to ensure his side booked their semi-final place.
Following the game boss Marc Das told the Broadcast: “While we want to finish as high as we can in the league, there is nothing like getting to a cup final.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 7 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
“We are still in two cups [his side are also in the quarter-finals of the Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy] and to get to the final of one of them is now the ultimate aim.”
In the league Takeley are sixth in the table following a 3-1 loss at Eton Manor on Saturday in which Cole hit the consolation.
This weekend Das’ troops travel away to face Waltham Forest.