Takeley reach cup semi-final with win over Hullbridge Sports
- Credit: Archant
Takeley booked their place in the last four of the Essex Senior League Challenge Cup with a 2-1 home victory over Hullbridge Sports on Tuesday.
First half goals from Charlie Cole and Jason Todd put the hosts 2-0 up.
Sean Sanmoogan almost made it 3-0 with a run and shot from the edge of the box which hit the bar.
Hullbridge’s Jimmy Cox made the most of a defensive lapse to pull one back just before the break.
Takeley could have added further goals in the second half, but couldn’t find a way through.
You may also want to watch:
The Station Road side were then grateful to keeper Ronnie Yates who pulled off a smart stop towards the end to ensure his side booked their semi-final place.
Following the game boss Marc Das told the Broadcast: “While we want to finish as high as we can in the league, there is nothing like getting to a cup final.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 7 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 8 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 9 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 10 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
“We are still in two cups [his side are also in the quarter-finals of the Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy] and to get to the final of one of them is now the ultimate aim.”
In the league Takeley are sixth in the table following a 3-1 loss at Eton Manor on Saturday in which Cole hit the consolation.
This weekend Das’ troops travel away to face Waltham Forest.