Takeley reach cup semi-final with win over Hullbridge Sports
- Credit: Archant
Takeley booked their place in the last four of the Essex Senior League Challenge Cup with a 2-1 home victory over Hullbridge Sports on Tuesday.
First half goals from Charlie Cole and Jason Todd put the hosts 2-0 up.
Sean Sanmoogan almost made it 3-0 with a run and shot from the edge of the box which hit the bar.
Hullbridge’s Jimmy Cox made the most of a defensive lapse to pull one back just before the break.
Takeley could have added further goals in the second half, but couldn’t find a way through.
The Station Road side were then grateful to keeper Ronnie Yates who pulled off a smart stop towards the end to ensure his side booked their semi-final place.
Following the game boss Marc Das told the Broadcast: “While we want to finish as high as we can in the league, there is nothing like getting to a cup final.
- 1 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 2 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 5 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 6 High Easter hit Legends with second-half goal blitz
- 7 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 10 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
“We are still in two cups [his side are also in the quarter-finals of the Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy] and to get to the final of one of them is now the ultimate aim.”
In the league Takeley are sixth in the table following a 3-1 loss at Eton Manor on Saturday in which Cole hit the consolation.
This weekend Das’ troops travel away to face Waltham Forest.