Takeley Primary School achieve historic win in Uttlesford Schools Football Tournament
- Credit: TAKELEY PRIMARY SCHOOL
There was major success in a district football tournament for Takeley Primary School for the first time in their history.
Takeley Primary School's boys took the title in the Uttlesford School Sports Partnership Football Competition, held at Herbert's Farm.
The competition is open to any school in the district and Takeley will now go forward as Uttlesford representative in the next round in Chelmsford.
They started with a round-robin group stage and claimed four wins from their five games, beating Great Dunmow (1-0), Katherine Semar (2-0), RAB's second team (3-0) and Dunmow St Mary's (5-0).
The other match was against RAB's firsts and ended in a 1-1 draw.
That put them into a three-way final where a 2-0 win over Stebbing and a 0-0 draw with Stansted St Mary's left them top of the standings.
The girls were also at the tournament and they too came with a prize, claiming the bronze medal after winning two and drawing one of their five games in the group stage.
- 1 Bardfield cottage transformed into scrumptious-looking gingerbread house for Christmas
- 2 Olympic gold medallist Beth Shriever switches on Finchingfield's Christmas tree lights
- 3 Parishes join forces to oppose 'unsustainable' housing idea near Hatfield Heath
- 4 First Sunday in December marked with Live Nativity in Great Dunmow
- 5 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 6 Essex buildings are lit up in green for awareness campaign
- 7 Uttlesford elects its first female leader in council's 47-year history
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 9 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today