Takeley Primary School achieve historic win in Uttlesford Schools Football Tournament
- Credit: TAKELEY PRIMARY SCHOOL
There was major success in a district football tournament for Takeley Primary School for the first time in their history.
Takeley Primary School's boys took the title in the Uttlesford School Sports Partnership Football Competition, held at Herbert's Farm.
The competition is open to any school in the district and Takeley will now go forward as Uttlesford representative in the next round in Chelmsford.
They started with a round-robin group stage and claimed four wins from their five games, beating Great Dunmow (1-0), Katherine Semar (2-0), RAB's second team (3-0) and Dunmow St Mary's (5-0).
The other match was against RAB's firsts and ended in a 1-1 draw.
That put them into a three-way final where a 2-0 win over Stebbing and a 0-0 draw with Stansted St Mary's left them top of the standings.
The girls were also at the tournament and they too came with a prize, claiming the bronze medal after winning two and drawing one of their five games in the group stage.
- 1 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 School receives copies of Grandad's Lost His Glasses
- 4 One arrest after harassment complaints in Halstead
- 5 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 6 Valentine's Flitch Ball to take place this February
- 7 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 8 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 9 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 10 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade