Takeley name Das as new boss
- Credit: Archant
Takeley FC have appointed former Saffron Walden Town and Sawbridgeworth manager Marc Das as their new boss.
Marc is a very well-known and highly regarded manager from the Essex Senior League, who has had several years playing at Grays, Hendon and Bishop’s Stortford.
After suffering an Achilles injury, Das had a 10-year stint as player-manager at Saffron Waldon before moving to Sawbridgeworth as manager for the last four seasons.
Das said: “I am looking forward to coming to Takeley, a club with both the ambition and background staff to help achieve a high status going forward. “My ultimate goal is to start winning some silverware with progression into the Ryman League.
“I look forward to working with everyone at such an ambitious, forward-thinking club.
You may also want to watch:
“One of my first tasks will be to create a new youth team to allow valuable progression from youth, through reserves and onto the first team.”
Takeley chairman Pat Curran, added: “Marc brings with him a wealth of experience, along with players and support staff, which will only enhance what the club already have in place.
- 1 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 7 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced
“I am personally looking forward to working with Marc to take the club to the next level.
“We would also like to thank Alex Martin for stepping in to act as caretaker for the team over the past few months.
“The management, players and volunteers at the club would like to welcome Marc into the Takeley family.”