Takeley manager Easley resigns
- Credit: Archant
Takeley boss Duncan Easley has resigned on the first weekend of 2016.
The Station Road club, 16th in the Premier Division table, are now on the hunt for a new manager.
In a club statement, Takeley chairman Pat Curran said: “Duncan Easley, our first team manager, has announced that he wishes to resign from his position with immediate effect due to personal reasons.
“Duncan stated that he would like to thank the board, the players and all my staff, and especially the supporters, who have been absolutely fantastic to him since he arrived at the club.
“We have been trying to strengthen our squad over the season and will continue to do so in readiness for the coming year.
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank Duncan and all his supporting staff for everything they have done for us during his time in charge.”
Captain Alex Martin is likely to take over the role on an interim basis.
- 1 RideLondon: The Uttlesford road closures list
- 2 'Ace line' drug dealer is jailed
- 3 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 4 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 5 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 6 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 7 Could you be named the Essex Young Musician of the Year?
- 8 Obituary: Michael Hitchcock was known as 'Mr Bardfield'
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Dunmow Rovers Youth FC get £1,000 donation for new kits
Takeley are to host Burnham Ramblers in the league on Saturday.