Takeley manager Easley resigns
- Credit: Archant
Takeley boss Duncan Easley has resigned on the first weekend of 2016.
The Station Road club, 16th in the Premier Division table, are now on the hunt for a new manager.
In a club statement, Takeley chairman Pat Curran said: “Duncan Easley, our first team manager, has announced that he wishes to resign from his position with immediate effect due to personal reasons.
“Duncan stated that he would like to thank the board, the players and all my staff, and especially the supporters, who have been absolutely fantastic to him since he arrived at the club.
“We have been trying to strengthen our squad over the season and will continue to do so in readiness for the coming year.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank Duncan and all his supporting staff for everything they have done for us during his time in charge.”
Captain Alex Martin is likely to take over the role on an interim basis.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
Takeley are to host Burnham Ramblers in the league on Saturday.