Takeley manager Easley resigns
- Credit: Archant
Takeley boss Duncan Easley has resigned on the first weekend of 2016.
The Station Road club, 16th in the Premier Division table, are now on the hunt for a new manager.
In a club statement, Takeley chairman Pat Curran said: “Duncan Easley, our first team manager, has announced that he wishes to resign from his position with immediate effect due to personal reasons.
“Duncan stated that he would like to thank the board, the players and all my staff, and especially the supporters, who have been absolutely fantastic to him since he arrived at the club.
“We have been trying to strengthen our squad over the season and will continue to do so in readiness for the coming year.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank Duncan and all his supporting staff for everything they have done for us during his time in charge.”
Captain Alex Martin is likely to take over the role on an interim basis.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 8 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
Takeley are to host Burnham Ramblers in the league on Saturday.