Takeley looking to get back on track
- Credit: Archant
Takeley boss Duncan Easley expects his side return to action on Saturday at home to Barking after two consecutive postponed matches.
The team from Station Road saw Tuesday night’s trip to Bowers & Pitsea called-off due to a waterlogged pitch, while Saturday’s game was postponed as hosts Tower Hamlets were suspended by the league for unpaid fines.
The league will have a meeting to decide the fate of the Tower Hamlets match.
It was bad timing for Easley’s troops, who had hit a good patch of form having enjoyed five victories from eight games in all competitions.
Easley said: “Tuesday’s game wasn’t called-off until about 6pm, a couple of our players were already there and others were on route, it was a bit naughty to call it off that late.”
The club’s upturn in fortune has coincided with Easley signing former Hatfield Town and Royston Town players Rhys Lawrence, John McGrandles, Jason Beck and Matt Standen in November, he praised their impact.
Easley, a former Crows’ assistant and caretaker manager, said: “I know them from my time at Royston, they have made a big difference.
- 1 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 2 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 3 Dunmow Town Team announces 2021 Christmas market
- 4 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision
- 5 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 6 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 7 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 8 Dunmow Special and Braintree PCSO among award winners
- 9 There With You This Winter: New scheme for insulation improvements
- 10 Police arrest nearly 100 M11 and M25 environmental protestors
“It was important to get in some centre halves and they have been solid.”
The boss expects his side to return to action on Saturday as they host second in the table Barking.
Easley added: “It [the pitch] should be ok, unless we get a lot of rain between now and then.
“We don’t know a lot about them [Barking], they are second in the league, but we fancy our chances and will give it a good go.”