Takeley looking to get back on track
- Credit: Archant
Takeley boss Duncan Easley expects his side return to action on Saturday at home to Barking after two consecutive postponed matches.
The team from Station Road saw Tuesday night’s trip to Bowers & Pitsea called-off due to a waterlogged pitch, while Saturday’s game was postponed as hosts Tower Hamlets were suspended by the league for unpaid fines.
The league will have a meeting to decide the fate of the Tower Hamlets match.
It was bad timing for Easley’s troops, who had hit a good patch of form having enjoyed five victories from eight games in all competitions.
Easley said: “Tuesday’s game wasn’t called-off until about 6pm, a couple of our players were already there and others were on route, it was a bit naughty to call it off that late.”
You may also want to watch:
The club’s upturn in fortune has coincided with Easley signing former Hatfield Town and Royston Town players Rhys Lawrence, John McGrandles, Jason Beck and Matt Standen in November, he praised their impact.
Easley, a former Crows’ assistant and caretaker manager, said: “I know them from my time at Royston, they have made a big difference.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 6 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
“It was important to get in some centre halves and they have been solid.”
The boss expects his side to return to action on Saturday as they host second in the table Barking.
Easley added: “It [the pitch] should be ok, unless we get a lot of rain between now and then.
“We don’t know a lot about them [Barking], they are second in the league, but we fancy our chances and will give it a good go.”