Takeley look to end season on a high
- Credit: Archant
Takeley play their final game of the Essex Senior League Premier Division season at home to Clapton.
Duncan Easley’s side go into the encounter tonight (Thursday) on the back of three consecutive league losses and will be looking to end with a victory.
Unless Takeley win the game by a cricket score, they will end the season 11th in the table.
On Saturday the Station Road outfit were defeated 2-1 at home by Basildon United.
The visitors went ahead on the stroke of half-time as Terry Griffiths collected Craig Gillam’s free-kick and slotted home.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts got back level in the second half with Michael Ogboin’s penalty, after he had been pushed in the box, with a little over 10 minutes remaining.
However, with five minutes left United stole the three points as Gillam turned from provider to goalscorer as he rifled in the winner.
- 1 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 7 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced
The previous Thursday night Takeley had been beaten 4-1 away by league champions Haringey Borough.