Takeley in no rush to appoint new manager
- Credit: Archant
Takeley FC are still on the hunt for a new manager and are not expected to make an imminent announcement about Duncan Easley’s long-term successor.
With club chairman Pat Curran coincidently working abroad since Easley’s resignation, due to personal reason’s on the first weekend of the new year, the Station Road side has yet to appoint a replacement.
While club officials are collating information on those interested in the post, nothing formal will be decided until Curran’s return later in the month.
Takeley’s Essex Senior League home clash with Burnham Ramblers was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch on Saturday.
Captain Alex Martin is to take temporary charge, as he did previously in 2014 after Tony Gold left and Easley joined the club, until a new manager is appointed.
You may also want to watch:
Martin’s first game in charge during this spell is a tricky home encounter with Sawbridgeworth Town on Saturday.
Town are on a good run of form since the turn of the year with two away league wins, both 2-1 having led 1-0 at half-time, over Clapton and Sporting Bengal United.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 6 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease