Takeley hoping to start New Year in style
- Credit: Archant
Takeley will be hopeful of a return to winning ways when they resume their league campaign this weekend.
Duncan Easley’s side are down to face Enfield 1893 away following the postponement of their match at fifth-place Clapton over the weekend.
However, there is a doubt the game will go ahead.
Enfield play home games at Harlow Town’s Arena ground, but The Hawks entertain Great Wakering Rovers on Saturday.
Takeley are hoping the match can be switched to their Station Road ground.
You may also want to watch:
Last Saturday just one match was played in the Essex Senior League as FC Romania beat Newham 4-0.
Takeley have hit a sticky patch of league form in recent weeks, despite scoring six goals in three matches.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
They have not won any of their three previous matches. Last time out they lost 6-0 to Bowers and Pitsea while in the two games before that they drew 4-4 with London Bari and lost 4-2 at home to Barking.
Saturday’s game, if it goes ahead, would begin a busy January for Easley’s men, who have five league matches in the space of 28 days.
They follow this weekend’s game with a home match against Eton Manor on January 10 before they make the trip to Newham a week later. They then have two home matches, against Ilford on January 24 and a week later host Greenhouse London.